Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to deliver on their commitments.
What You'll Do
This role is a key member of the Americold HR Business Partner team leading and directing the Human Resources activities for a defined Region or business segment. Partners with appropriate Business and other Operations leadership members to assist them in creating and executing their business strategy. Autonomously manages the demands of the day-to-day Regional human resources needs, and works collaboratively with the Operations team to serve the business. Partners with other HR and business leaders to identify and prioritize needs and formulate strategies for three (3) key pillars within the HR Regional function: Business Partnership, Employee Relations, and Human Resources.
Business Partnership: Depending on location, will assist in driving designated business results (i.e. Region or Business Vertical) and solving business challenges through developing relationships and building trusted partnerships with Operations and other HR and management teams.
• Serves as a strategic consultant and Human Resources expert to help drive the delivery of the Region's business objectives by advising facility management with policies, procedures, programs, and technical Human Resources questions, and assisting them in developing problem-resolution strategies.
• Partners with the Talent Management team to lead talent reviews and succession planning programs in the Region.
• W orks closely with applicable leadership team members to gain a comprehensive understanding of the business in order to support it effectively.
Employee Relations: Creates a positive work environment by proactively resolving performance issues and associate concerns through open dialogue, effective and timely issue resolution, trust, and collaboration.
• Counsels and coaches leaders/managers on talent issues including performance management, high potential employee identification, and poor performer reduction.
• Identifies skill gaps in the existing population, and deploys strategies working with appropriate partners to close those gaps.
• Conducts and oversees confidential investigations into associate complaints and sensitive work-related issues, partnering with the legal department as appropriate; acts as an escalation point for employee conflicts and compliance issues.
Human Resources: Leverages positive working relationships with leadership and employees to create exceptional business outcomes.
• Directs, coordinates, and administers Human Resources programs, analyzes their impact on assigned operations, and partners with appropriate business leaders and resources to develop implementation strategies and/or solutions.
What Experience You Need
• Bachelor's Degree (Human Resources, or other related field). Master's or other advanced degree preferred. Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) certification as a Professional HR (PHR) or Senior Professional HR (SPHR) preferred.
• Minimum S even (7) years of total experience in Human Resources and Payroll in large complex organizations, preferably in an industrial, supply chain or distribution environment. Depending on assigned business area(s), HR experience in a Corporate setting may be required.
• Prior team leadership/management experience.
• Prior labor relations experience.
• Flexibility to work extended hours when needed.
What Could Set You Apart
• Manufactoring, i ndustrial, supply chain or distribution environment experience.
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.