Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Efficiently perform all operations on the various grinding and hard-machining equipment:
- Responsible for procurement and use of proper gauges and maintaining quality requirements that meet or exceed customer drawing specifications, both written and understood.
- Will be required to produce parts to a level that is acceptable when compared to standard pieces per hour as designated on routings.
- Responsible for daily lubrication and maintenance of machine and other duties such as wheel dressing and machine setup to keep parts within tolerance and finish specifications.
- Perform all necessary loading and unloading of machine; procure and properly utilize setup material; synchronize manual and automatic operations while grinding or turning and allow for temperature changes.
- Interpret and follow drawings, instructions, routings, and specifications; install and maintain proper grinding wheels; or inserts, set up and operate at proper and/or prescribed feeds and speeds.
- Will operate all grinding and turning machines - must be multi-skilled.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance and maintaining inventory of tooling and inserts.
- Responsible for proper care of company tools, observance of safety regulations, and correct reporting of time and production.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment in good working order and maintaining a neat & orderly work area.
- Ability to use shop mathematics.
- Ability to interpret a variety of prints.
- Ability to plan and perform unusual & difficult work.
- Ability to make decisions that involve considerable judgment.
- Must be willing to work on any Grinder 4 job.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work over-time.
- Mimimum Level of Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Previous ID or OD grinding experience in a bearing manufacturing environment.
- Previous hard machining experience in a bearing manufacturing environment.
- Precision gauging/inspection experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.