Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
The Materials Manager will act as a key liaison and advocate for efficient planning processes, systems, and technology within our organization. This role will bridge the gap between operations, corporate materials, and other stakeholders, fostering collaboration to optimize utilization, reduce costs, enhance delivery performance, and improve the overall efficiency of our operations.
- Provide expertise in planning and inventory software systems, procedures, and training.
- Utilize data analysis to identify capacity planning and improvement opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a Master Production Schedule and perform capacity planning as necessary.
- Manage all Planner/Scheduling activities to ensure alignment with plant/corporate goals.
- Review product mix requirements and advise on necessary additions.
- Review and report on lead times for product classes.
- Lead and support Supply Chain operations process mapping exercises.
- Provide input to design the Supply Planning operating model for the future state.
- Refine KPIs and metrics to measure progress and success.
- Execute projects in supply chain and support strategic plans.
- Influence and communicate process changes across organizational levels.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Production Planning and inventory control.
- Experience in managing production planning and/or inventory control in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Strong decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in computer software programs, including Excel, SAP.
- Ability to consistently deliver high-quality results with minimal supervision.
- A talent for driving and influencing change.
- Leadership experience collaborating with senior leaders, demonstrating flexibility.
- Soft skills, including customer focus, negotiating, peer relationships, and business acumen.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.