Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to deliver on their commitments.
What You'll Do
- Load and unload freight using equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
- Efficiently stack and safely store the merchandise in the designated areas.
- Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
- Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage.
- Operate radio frequency equipment.
What Experience You Need
- Equipment experience preferred
- Warehouse experience preferred.
- Worked in cold environment preferred.
- High School Diploma or similar preferred.
- Must be able to work in spaces with 55 inches of headroom
- Must be able to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures varying from 32 degrees Fahrenheit to minus 45 degrees Fahrenheit, as well as outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation).
- Must tolerate heights up to 30 ft. and be able to access elevated products from inside safety cage
- May stand to rebuild pallets with products. Requires tolerance of standing posture up to 5 hours, over an 8-hour shift
- Must transfer boxes of varying weights from 10 lbs. up to 55 lbs. from ground level to 80 inches in height and up 70 lbs. to 50 inches in height rebuilding pallets. Lifting and carrying product a distance of 6 ft. without mechanical assistance.
What Could Set You Apart
- Requires ability to work independently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to complete work or to attend meetings
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.