Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Philadelphia Gear, a division of Timken Gears & Services, is currently seeking a Sales Territory Account Representative to cover opportunities in Mississippi and Western Tennessee. Looking for a self-starting, highly motivated individual that is results oriented with the drive to succeed both individually and as part of a team, with an ability to maintain and also grow the territory. This position will report into the Regional Sales Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have an established in-depth knowledge of customers and markets within assigned territory.
- Visit customer sites and perform informal, preliminary equipment surveys as required. Provide direct liaison support to Field Service and assist in resolution of Field Service problems when required.
- Knowledge of company product offerings and their related prime market applications and aftermarket potential.
- Create comprehensive quoted/proposals to meet customer's requirements and the ability to follow up and convert opportunities into profitable sales.
- Ability to assess and analyze the territory market needs and customer base to create an effective market plan. Must be able to gain intimate knowledge of customers, projects and strategies and be held accountable for it.
- Able to manage time and priorities for maximum efficiency and sales effectiveness with the available resources.
- Accountable for accurate sales call reporting, quotation follow up and closing transactions in a timely manner.
- Accountable for timely submitting of required reports, including, but not limited to; weekly expense reports, weekly call reports, monthly activity reports, target account planning, as well as weekly itinerary.
- Demonstrated ability to perform closely within a team environment while at the same time possessing the ability to proceed independently when required with minimal supervision even when multiple priorities exist.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on short lead times, and handle high stress situations.
- Flexibility to meet sometimes demanding travel requirements and spend significant time making customer visits within the assigned territory. Overnight travel may be required.
- Exhibit personal confidence and professionalism in all business processes.
- Ability to build customer confidence in the ability of the company and you to meet their needs.
- Possess good problem solving skills with the ability to utilize persuasive sales techniques to gain customer confidence.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and organization
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to interact with all levels of customers and internal support teams
- Must have 5+ years of sales experience, gearbox repair and/or motor repair experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree in a technical field, engineering, business or manufacturing from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Excellent computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office software)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.