Your Career Begins at Timken! Timken is a U.S manufacturing company with over 100 years of business. If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Timken's tapered roller bearing plant in Iron Station, NC is a part of Timken's world leading manufacturing team. We are a global leader in engineered bearings and power transmissions. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
What we offer:
- Competitive Wages: excellent hourly wage plus shift differential for afternoon and night shifts.
- Competitive Benefits - medical, dental, and vision on day one! Also, a 401k benefits package plus paid holidays, vacation, referral bonus and tuition reimbursement.
- $1000 sign on bonus after six months working for Timken.
- Starting Pay: $15.50/hr
- Top Pay: $16.50/hr
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Responsible for quality and quantity of work produced in assigned production area.
- Follows the directions/instructions of the team leader and/or supervisor.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
- Verify work instructions.
- Perform basic visual inspection of assembly.
- Complete packaging of finished product to order specifications.
- Replenish all packaging supplies as needed.
- Band and scan all finished product pallets according to specifications.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S
- Basic mathematical and mechanical skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail along with ability to multi-task.
- Proven record of reliable attendance, strong work ethic, and team skills.
- 2 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment or related education preferred.
- Ability to lift to 35 pounds or more.
- Verbal and written communication
- Activities such as lifting or pushing/pulling
- Activities where repetitive movement is required.
- May be exposed to environmental noise and/or seasonal heat.
Safety Requirements: Safety glasses (prescribed or non-prescribed), safety shoes and hearing protection are required on site.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences, and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status, or any other basis protected.