Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: The purpose of this role is to provide engineering guidance to the manufacturing environment, project management, and customer-facing engineering expertise relative to new and existing products. This position will focus on developing and/or modification of plant production processes, design of tooling and gauging, analysis of product designs for the purposes of maximizing production capacity and minimizing manufacturing costs, as well as representation of Timken Drives LLC to customers and industry groups.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide engineering expertise of products and product applications in order to create best overall design solutions that meet customer needs, Timken Drives financials, and manufacturing requirements.
- Assist in designing new applications of products by applying current and new engineering principles.
- Perform and document all engineering analysis and testing required to validate designs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and conformance to engineering standards and quality systems.
- Engage in engineering projects that require analysis and problem solving in order to meet customer requirements
- Develop and implement new engineering standards, new technology, and new uses of technology
- Design and develop tooling and gauging required for product manufacturing
- Participate in process improvement projects to minimize manufacturing costs and increase efficiency.
- Create/Develop efficient factory layout drawings.
- Create manufacturing routings, bills of materials and other necessary system data in a SAP environment.
- Ability to manage projects
- Customer and team focus
- Learning agility
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, and presentation
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Desire to work in manufacturing facility
- Solid modeling design experience
Education: Minimum: BACHELOR of Engineering. 3+ years of product and/or manufacturing engineering, and design.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.