What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 19,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
Promote Timken Quality Management System (TQMS) to assist in driving quality improvement in Timken facilities thereby meeting or exceeding customer's expectation and perception of Timken's overall quality. Serve as Quality Management Systems Representation to external third party auditors (Registrars). Serve as quality Subject Matter Expert for the Contract Document Review process.
- Serves as Timken's global Management Representative for third-party registrars
- Reviews Quality problems and operating procedures with departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures
- Works with business function and facility leadership to ensure compliance to IATF 16949 (including AIAG core tools), AS9100, ISO 9001, APQP4Wind, AAR M-1003, VDA, TPG, and other industry quality standard requirements that may apply
- Reviews and approves Quality Plans for all new-to-Timken branded products per the Timken product launch process
- Supports the business in customer related issues that may impact our plant or facility certification status
- Assists plants and facilities with major and minor finding corrective action activities and submissions to the registrar
- Monitor and analyze issues with process compliance using data from internal metrics, internal audits, external audits and/or customer feedback to launch corrective actions and continuous improvement projects
- Collaborate with other Quality Leadership to establish, maintain, and support a global quality training program
- Participate in the development and maintenance of quality systems to maintain second or third-party certification of all applicable plants (ISOxxxx,IATFxxxxx,ASxxxx, etc.)
- Work with Global Corporate Quality teams to select new technology and tools as processes become automated
- Participate in QMS governance development to monitor and control revision of processes and standards, training requirements and records retention
- Participates and contributes to the annual Quality Business Planning and strategy development process to ensure that the process, standards and training program strategies and tactical projects are meeting objectives and business needs
Essential Skills :
- Demonstrates adaptability and ownership by working in an agile manner, adapting to changing business conditions and partnering with business leaders to adjust ways of working; is inquisitive, questions the status quo, and takes risks to continuously innovate; recognizes and manages through ambiguous situations; and takes ownership and accountability for own actions, changing behaviors quickly when needed.
- Develops self and others by effectively applying learning gained from formal and informal experiences; provides real-time feedback and coaches peers and team members; demonstrates commitment to personal development, taking ownership of own development plan and completing required and self-directed learning; and supports peers who want to learn and develop their skills.
- Delivers for the customer by prioritizing the customers' needs and innovates for an improved customer experience; makes quality a focus in all work and adheres to Timken's Quality Policy; demonstrates knowledge of Timken's business, including sharing in-depth knowledge of Timken with others; and delivers results by monitoring own performance, making high-quality decisions, and continuously improving processes and products without sacrificing quality.
- Fosters collaboration and inclusion by acting with professionalism, ethics, and integrity; treats others with respect; effectively communicates and uses teamwork skills in a variety of scenarios; utilizes a global perspective in the workplace and respects diversity of thought; and welcomes feedback and ideas from others.
- Project management skills, particularly time management; scope management; and risk management
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years of related experience OR
- Masters and 5+ years of related experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.