Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Smith Services, a division of Timken Power Services, is part of the largest electric motor, controls and generator repair group in the Northeast, providing electric motor repairs, electric motor rewinds, custom controls and panels, systems integration, pump services, machine rebuilds, hydro services, safety-related services, energy efficiency solutions, and diagnostic services for commercial and industrial applications.
Smith Services is currently seeking an Electric Motor Winder to provide motor winding services in support of operations at the Princeton, WV site.
Timken provides a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and short- and long-term disability insurance. Also, 401(k) matching, paid vacations and 10 paid holidays per year. We will provide your uniforms, prescription safety glasses, and help purchase your safety shoes. Our associates receive yearly, performance based bonuses and merit increases. Normal working hours are dayshift, four (4) days per week.
All benefits are available on day one of employment.
- Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit's electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage or intended serviceability.
- Test condition of windings according to EASA standards.
- Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment.
- Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage, or unusual conditions.
- Rewind various electro-mechanical equipment, including but not limited to: single phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotors and transformers. Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding.
- Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment according to EASA standards and document test results.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand-held power and non-power tools.
- Various assembly duties while following customer specifications.
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays when necessary to meet production demands is required.
- Work with Customer Service, Purchasing, Quality, Engineering and other facility teams to ensure quality.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Applicant must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Experience in AC/DC Winding, preferred.
- 2 years' experience with electric motor repairs or in a manufacturing industry, preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Join one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® - an honor we've received twelve times.