This position coordinates all processes and functions of a department. Provides visibility to management by tracking, process over-sight, auditing, researching and trouble-shooting operational issues or functions. Reconcile inventory and material flow through a warehouse or manufacturing site. Generates reports and analyzes order and inventory data. Investigates and resolves discrepancies, uploading correct information to all systems and user communities. Refers to financial and operational standards to make decisions impacting delivery dates and overall customer requirements. Interacts with vendors and suppliers on behalf of the customer to ensure network efficiency.
Availability to work a flexible schedule including days/nights/weekends
- Track shipments to ensure shipment deadlines are met. Work with suppliers and carriers to correct part/shipment issues.
- Timely and accurately communicate and document critical information to internal associates and the customers.
- Identify cost savings opportunities for the customer.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 1 year of Transportation Management experience preferred, with a focus on shipment coordination
- Must also be able to learn and regularly operate multiple company and customer transportation management and inventory systems.
- Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, team player, flexibility required, verbal & written communication skills, excellent with numbers and time management, strong problem solving skills required
- Advanced computer skills including Excel and Outlook required
- Experience using office tools such as MS Office or Google Suite
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the hours necessary to accomplish the job duties, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category: Logistics/Supply Chain
Job Function: Administrative Support
Job Family: General Administration
Address: 3000 Sharon Road
Primary Location: US-OH-Sharonville
Employer: Penske Logistics LLC
Req ID: 2330164