This position requires you to act as a change agent while driving organizational effectiveness through talent acquisition, leadership development, employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, associate and labor relations, and compliance.
The Corporate HR Manager provides guidance on training, coaching, and development as they partner with leadership to support the corporate departments. This role leads associate relations activities, which include corrective counseling and investigations among other related duties as assigned. In this role, you will use analytics, expertise and workforce trends to influence decisions that drive and improve organizational processes & programs.
Strategic Business Partnership
- Work with department leadership to identify, create and implement innovative human capital solutions that enhance business performance
- Champion, execute and monitor the effectiveness of corporate programs and initiatives
- Other projects as assigned
- Collaborate with the recruiting team, acquire top talent through improved selection tools and criteria, and local outreach efforts
- Cultivate internal talent, participate in key role promotional decisions
- Drive talent review and succession planning processes using a consultative approach that ensures a strong talent bench
- Work with leaders to create and ensure successful completion of individual development plans
- Provide managers with the tools and training to optimize their performance
Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement
- Champion the shaping and sustaining of a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Consult with leadership to develop plans to promote an inclusive environment that is engaging, enabling and energizing, and one where our associates can thrive
Associate and Labor Relations
- Make contributions that develop and sustain a workplace that mirrors our Employee Value Proposition
- Lead investigations, prepare summaries and make recommendations with a sense of urgency, ensuring comprehensive resolutions
- Consult with employment counsel to analyze employment decisions as needed
- Partner with Labor Relations team to develop a labor strategy, including conducting risk assessments, facilitating positive associate relations training, and drafting action plans to address concerns
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations (e.g., FMLA, ADA, FCRA, EEO, and FLSA)
- Communicate, interpret and consistently apply company policies, procedures, and Code of Conduct
- Ensure compliance with all Human Resource processes
- Consult with compliance expert on the interpretation of policies and procedures
If you wish to modify the "Qualifications" section, discuss this with your recruiter
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- SHRM or HRCI Certification(s) preferred
- 6+ years of progressive Human Resources experience in more than one facet of HR preferred, relevant experience will be considered
- Creative, independent self-starter who excels in a fast paced environment
- Agile and quick learner, enjoys collaborative projects and continuous education
- Ability to understand the business operations from a strategic and tactical perspective
- Must be a confident communicator, (including written, and verbal skills) and able to effectively champion ideas, influence, and present to Leadership
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with competing priorities, diverse audiences and challenging environments
- Knowledge of employment law and regulatory compliance issues (deeper knowledge required for certain states, such as CA, MA, etc.)
- Must possess a high level of honesty, integrity, and ethics
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Ability to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required
- Must complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Family: Human Resources
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2306442