Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Join our global team of 19,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
Purpose and Scope
This position provides product design and technical support to the customer, and all areas of Timken Mounted Bearings, on existing and new housing designs. This position is a support position for the Engineering department and is responsible for drafting and design assignments.
This position is on-site at our facility in Ferndale, WA and is a salaried non-exempt position (eligible for overtime).
- Approximate schedule 8am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday
- Start time is flexible
- Provides product design and technical support to the customer and all areas of TMB on existing housing designs under the direction of Timken Mounted Bearings Engineering Department personnel
- Designs new applications of bearings and related products by applying current engineering principles
- Creates best overall design solutions that meet customer needs, Timken financials, and manufacturing requirements
- Identifies and coordinates engineering analysis and testing required to validate designs
- Completes documentation of designs including drawings, databases, analysis and testing
- Provides manufacturing with required design prints for production orders
- Generates minor design modification prints using applicable standard work procedures
- Assists with incoming inspections when needed; facilitates rapid response assistance for damage analysis requests
- Executes general drawing database maintenance
- Assists with Quality Control and inspection
- Supports Marketing by providing graphics, data, material, and reviews.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service oriented
- Strong understanding of need to put customer first
- 2D & 3D CAD experience
- AA in Mechanical Engineering or related field (relevant experience will be considered)
- Preferred 3-5yrs 3D CAD/AutoCAD experience; NX experience a plus
- Successful completion of a pre-employment medical examination and background check
- Competency in: product design, technical translation, quality systems, project management skills, and new product development
General Physical Requirements
Hearing of Conversation Level
Salary and Benefits:
Starting range of $55k-$65k annually + 5% Variable Pay, DOE
Benefits start on your first day:
- Cost-sharing healthcare options for Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company provided STD, LTD, and Basic Life Insurance. Supplemental coverage available
- 401k and/or Roth 401k participation and company match after 1 month of employment + Quarterly Core Defined Contributions
- Additional benefits such as: Work/Life Balance program, free Noom participation, and PayActiv Earned Wage Access
- 10 paid holidays per year + paid vacation and sick time
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.