Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This role is critical in assuring product conforms to internal and external requirements and will drive and support the Quality Systems, Supplier Quality, and Quality Process Improvements. The Quality Analyst/Engineer will be the lead contact for supplier quality corrective actions partnering with the purchasing team and corporate supplier quality development group for supplier communication and improvement. They will support and analyze quality metric reporting on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Create and improve processes to ensure that a defect in any form (information or material) is not accepted, made or passed from supplying operation to customer operations.
- Lead supplier quality complaints and corrective actions process in partnership with purchasing and corporate SQD teams.
- Participate in our internal auditing team.
- Support quality metric reporting and analyzing for problem solving and improvements.
- Participate in quality training for both personal improvement as well as training manufacturing team members to ensure adequate understanding of our quality systems.
- Be a part of the TMOS rapid response team as the quality representative for floor support.
- Perform contract reviews on new and/or revised customer purchase orders.
- Perform review of cert packets and certificates of conformance.
- Complete at least one major project a year in quality continuous improvement or manufacturing continuous improvement.
- Support Material Review Board (MRB) activities and internal root cause analysis.
- Be an active member in the Quality Team PACE plan for other quality team responsibilities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field with at least 2 years of manufacturing experience.
- Proficient in root cause analysis, lean, Kaizen, and 6 sigma tools.
- Prefer working knowledge of AS9100D / ISO9001 requirements for quality systems.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.