The IT Network Administrator's role will be to provide and assist in a variety of services in the installation, operation, repair and maintenance of the company's computers, networks and related equipment; monitor, evaluate and modify network systems to assure proper security and operation; install, maintain and repair computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment; provide technical user support assistance.
- Monitor and maintain network stability, integrity, connectivity and availability.
- Monitor and maintain network security and security solutions, including; firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Monitor and maintain networked servers such as file servers, e-mail and database systems.
- Monitor and maintain infrastructure routers, switches, phones, software's, PC drivers and configuration settings to support the computing environment.
- Monitor and maintain LAN, WAN, WLAN, DNS, WINS, LDAP, DHCP, Group Policy management, and Microsoft Active Directory services.
- Monitor and maintain system backups and recovery processes.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate, repair and upgrade company computers and peripheral hardware.
- Support telecommunications infrastructure including telephone services, voicemail, VoIP systems and audio/video technologies.
- Performs server security audits, maintain license compliance and comply with adopted Sarbanes Oxley policies & procedures.
- Assists with the maintenance and documentation of network configurations, cabling layouts, and PC hardware/software inventories.
- Implements networking solutions ensuring effective and efficient network operations.
- Provide Help Desk support, responding to incoming calls, pages, e-mails, and after hours on-call support, regarding end-user computer issues, documenting problems and providing diagnosis and resolution.
- Providing coverage as backup to iSeries (AS400) staff.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Information Technology support; 5 years experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems Management/Computer Network/Computer Science or equivalent
- Highly self motivated and directed, with attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to support remote users.
- On-call availability for emergency issues.
- Ability to conduct research into enterprise networking issues and products as required.
- Minimal travel may be required for the purpose of on-site installation of hardware/software and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of advanced concepts, such as virtualization, share storage, networking, Powershell scripts, MIIS and thin-client technology.
- Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of Windows Operating systems (server & client), Virtual environments (VMware), Exchange, SQL, and Microsoft Office suites.
- Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy management.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of enterprise-level LAN, WAN and WLAN infrastructure.
- Industry standard certifications such as; CCNA, CCENT, MCP, etc. preferred, but not required.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.