Jersey City, NJ
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||2 - 5 years||Mailing Address:|
|Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Leading Freight Forwarder / NVOCC/ Customs House Broker, with locations in 20 countries and over 2000 employees strong, is seeking an Operations Supervisor for its Jersey City, NJ location.
If you are highly motivated, organized and possess the skills to lead and motivate the team, then we want to hear from you. This position has potential for growth within the company.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Manages, trains and mentors the Export & Import Staff, working closely with Customs Brokerage Supervisor.
• Establishes work flow processes, reviews and revises these as needed in accordance with customer needs, Company Standards and policies /assigns work to staff.
• Monitors the team's performance and identifies transactions and tasks that require special handling or expediting.
• Oversees, trains and advises team members and clients in areas of export & import administration regulations, consular regulations, other government agency regulations, billing system, accounting procedures and export / import services.
• Works with clients to establish detailed profiles and procedures that properly represent their export processes.
• Creates and develops written procedures for handling each account served by the team.
• Manages the appropriate databases to reflect these procedures.
• Reviews and audits work.
• Maintains customer profiles.
• Directs the expedition of export / import correspondence, credit collections as well as bid requests.
• Plans and prepares for periodic business reviews with clients, accompanies sales and management on sales calls as we as performs / supervises timely closing/billing (invoice release) & accountability for profit of all shipments assigned including those assigned to the Manager's direct reports.
• Oversees the customer export freight forwarding and NVOCC orders according to customer order instructions and profile; US Export regulations, FMC regulations, and company procedures.
• Ensures that such shipping details as export licensing, product routing, shipping, packing as well as customs declarations are organized well.
• Maintains information about licenses and tariffs, as well as restrictions.
• Negotiates rates with providers, i.e. truckers, warehouses, carriers.
• Responds to rate and overseas offices/ agents as well as requests received from clients
• 5 years industry experience; minimum 3 years supervisor or management experience.
• Knowledge of Incoterms, Non Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC) concepts, ISO 9001 procedures and CFR49 hazardous materials regulations.
• Must possess exceptional leadership qualities with the ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account and 401(k) with company match plus company paid: Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance.
The office is located near the NJ Path and Light Rail Stations.
Background check required.
When applying, the candidate should include salary requirement.
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.