|This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Air Export Coordinator
Albion Management Resources, Inc. provides support services for the transportation industry. We assist companies with their executive recruiting, staffing, company valuations, merger and acquisition opportunities, and outplacement services. We have been in business for over twenty-five years. Please e-mail your resume to mauricio@AlbionGroup.com or call (310) 216-9336.
Duties, Responsibilities & Requirements, but not limited to:
- Handle Air Export processes given to you by management, including the services and functions provided by customs brokers and freight forwarders from A-Z.
- Duties will include but are not limited to:
Coordinating Air shipments: Create air container as needed, bookings with airlines, coordinating loading when container arrives with warehouse, create house airwaybill, and on consolidation days, master airwaybill. Instructions for the airline, bill customer, and distribute documents.
- Answer all calls to the department promptly and in a friendly manner. Assist customers and other third parties with questions, complaints, requests, tracking and tracing.
- Act as the primary point of customer contact in the assigned account; maintain communication and information between Customers and Venders to ensure that customers' needs were being met.
- Prepare related documentation, including but not limited to MAWB, Shipping Instructions, HAWBs, Manifests, Certificates of Origin, Customs Validations, Pre-alerts, and similar documents
- File AES/EEI according to shipper's letter of instruction
- Coordinate with overseas offices, agents, customers and domestic vendors for timely shipments in assigned accounts.
- Provide routing and carrier recommendations and coordinate with trucking companies regarding the release of goods & inbound/outbound movement between the airport & warehouse.
- Process shipments, file customs documents, prepare commercial documents
- Proactively provide shipment status and notify customers of any delays regarding arrival, delivery or dispatch of shipments.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are available for each account serviced. Follow SOP in performance of all operational processes. If unavailable, candidate must create an SOP for each client and also each process/operation.
- Verify and ensure compliance with applicable regulations for both the U.S. and end-user countries
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate Harmonized Tariff classifications for products
- Audit commercial documents, applying Harmonized Tariff Schedule code for accurate duty assessment and to ensure all federal requirements are met
- Ensure the timely delivery of products to avoid storage fees and unexpected expenses
- Assist brokers to clear goods from U.S. Customs
- Assist with the review and approval of international and domestic transportation invoices, bills of lading, customs entries and related documents
- Monitor the invoicing of all inbound shipments in addition to special projects and any prepaid freight charges as per customer SOP
- Bill customer directly, follow up on payments, and coordinate payment to carriers/vendors with Accounting department
- Aiding in special project shipments by management
- Additional tasks given by management as employee becomes more familiar with companies operations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 2-3 years' experience in ocean/air international freight forwarding
- Ability to work in fast pace environment, WELL ORGANIZED.
- Identify and understand the terminology and documents involved in international freight forwarding
- Ability to always anticipate problems and explain potential issues/problems to clients or agents.
- Knowledge of export regulations, domestic transportation modes and providers is required.
- Familiar with TSA Regulations, BIS, OFAC, HAZMAT Certification a plus
- Proficient Computer skills; Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), web based and job specific software applications.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Superb attention to detail, ability to multitask, excellent phone skills, and a pleasant attitude
- Accurate typing and/or data entry skills (minimum 50 wpm)
- Responds promptly and professionally to clients' needs.
- Identifies and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and multi-cultural backgrounds.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- High School Diploma a must
If you have the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and are legally able to work in the USA, we would like to hear from you. Drug/Background testing may be required.