Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
The role of the Export Specialist is to facilitate the movement of products/equipment/ materials out of the country, via ocean or air freight, in accordance with organizational policies and procedures, and to comply with relevant local, country and international laws and processes. In addition, this role provides customer service with regard to: bookings, rates, document production, accounting, agent interaction and problem solving.
- Prepare and coordinate the necessary documentation for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all export activities
- Coordinate cargo pick up/transfer and monitor status
- Communicate with export related authorities, customers and suppliers, in all relevant territories and countries, to ensure efficient, positive and lawful relations, support and activities
- Obtain spot rates when necessary
- Communicate/correspond with overseas agents and clients in a timely manner, to include: pre-alerts, rate requests, shipment status, etc.
- Track shipments and update customers/agents of status
- Create and maintain customer files
- Create customer invoice and approve payables
- Audit files to ensure accuracy and completion
- Ensure accurate data entry and document upload into Cargowise
- Assist other departments/divisions as needed, or when requested by department or branch manager
- Other duties as assigned
The incumbent will not directly and/or indirectly supervise employees.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Working knowledge of worldwide countries import customs laws, practices and procedures
- Good working knowledge OGA transactions preferred
- Able to perform the essential duties of this position without posing a "direct threat" to the health or safety of self or others.
- Able to interact positively and effectively with co-workers, subordinates and supervisors.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Fluency in English required, additional languages preferred
- Basic geography knowledge is required
- Experience in freight forwarding industry preferred
What else would I need to know?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.
Apply Online Below