|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||09/15/18||Company:||Mondelez International|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||5 - 10 years||Mailing Address:|
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Mechanical Line Technician
Reporting to the Planner, the Mechanical Line Technician is responsible to work in a safe and efficient manner by servicing, repairing, maintaining, troubleshooting, overhauling, and continuously improving the conditions of the equipment of the production lines. He/She is responsible for safe and efficient maintenance and proper operation of assigned equipment in order to meet production targets and uphold the highest quality standard.
The Mechanical Line Technician works with leadership and fellow employees to eliminate loss, drive performance, and continuously improve their Line's safety, quality, service, and cost. The incumbent will also be responsible for applying Integrated Lean Six Sigma (IL6S) Methodology to their specific activities, and East York Bakery as a whole, in order to drive performance and long term growth.
The Mechanical Line Technician is the backbone of maintaining production equipment lines in a proper, safe and reliable operating condition and to perform as intended specifications. Your dedication, hard work and positive attitude will influence the product for the customer to enjoy.
• Maintain, troubleshoot, and conduct preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance tasks.
• Comply with company policies and procedures regarding safety, GMP, 5S, and quality requirements.
• Evaluate and restore base conditions of equipment.
• Perform routine maintenance work including inspection and identification and correction of abnormalities on equipment.
• Repair/replace defective machinery parts, perform equipment adjustment, and fabricate parts when required.
• Accurately complete paperwork, close WOs, create notification, and PM completion.
• Participate actively in correction of issues using Root Cause Analysis tools to eliminate breakdowns.
• Investigate machine malfunctions using testing equipment, technical manual, and associated drawings.
• Actively participate and contribute to the development of IL6S tools and systems including Equipment Criticality (A, B, C classification), Adjustment Points, Centerlines, Visual Controls, CIL, troubleshooting manuals, and technical expertise in the teams.
• Actively participate in the DMS cycle of the plant.
• Actively participate in Changeovers and Sanitation on the line while seeking opportunities to realize improvements through Poke Yoke and SMED.
• Carry out focused improvements to correct weaknesses and take steps to avoid major failures.
• Understand situation and measure number / frequency / severity cost / MTBF / minor stops, etc.
• Support PM pillar members to develop an AM training program
• Promote improvement initiatives on the equipment following our Kaizen work process.
• Report any unsafe, unclean areas, behavior or any problems that could cause substandard quality of production.
• Demonstrates personal and professional integrity.
• Required - High School diploma.
• Required - Industrial Mechanic Trade Certificate/License (e.g.433A).
• Required - Length of prior experience: minimum 1 year of experience as a line mechanic in packaging/processing /millwright position.
• Preferred - Dual ticket: Millwright and Industrial Electrician License (e.g. Red Seal 442A).
• Able to troubleshoot equipment, malfunctions, perform machine repair and set up, equipment installation, alignment of High Speed Automated Packaging Machinery (cartoner, flow pack wrapper, tray loader, conveyors, scale, metal detector and Bulk Handling and Processing Equipment (Mixers, forming machine, oven, blowers, lifters).
• Able to perform PM tasks (parts replacement, set up machine timing and adjustment, inspection, cleaning lubrication etc.) with minimum supervision.
• Good knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, vacuum, electric and hydraulic systems and associated equipment and components.
• Able to accurately complete paperwork; close WOs create notification, PM completion.
• Must be able to use hand tools and diagnostic instrument.
• Must be able to read, interpret mechanical drawings and schematics of pneumatic and hydraulic system.
• Knowledge of computerized machinery (e.g. HMI interface, have basic electrical knowledge of electrical circuits, safety and protective devices, electrical control and sensors).
• Familiar with CMMS/SAP; notifications, WOs system.
• Knowledgeable about LOCK OUT and TAG OUT procedure and practices.
• Able to comply with PPE requirements and uses proper lifting techniques.
• Familiar with OHSA regarding safety practices and non-routine work permits.
• Is adaptable and can learn new tasks and willing to work on shifts as required.
Ability To Work In Teams:
• Collaborate with team in order to drive performance.
• Actively and attentively listens, supports others, and positively contributes to a healthy work environment.
• Is sensitive to other's needs and detects when it is necessary to help others; understands and respects different points of view.
• Able to communicate well with other team members and leadership.
• Proficient English reading and writing skills.
• Must be able to follow directions accurately.
Meeting Physical Demands
• Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
• Is capable of lifting up to 23 Kg.
• Vehicle Operations: Pump truck.
• Job requires the physical demands of fast paced moving, bending, and lifting as needed. *** DELETE ALL LINES OF THE RED TEXT WHEN COMPLETE ***
Mondelēz Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. If you are a person with a disability and have questions or would like help with your application, please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.