Pilot Freight Services seeks a full-time Operations Supervisor for the 2nd Shift at our Philadelphia office in Folcroft, PA.
- Prioritize time-sensitive cargo, paying close attention to instructions set forth by customers and other stations and communicates to dispatch for customers' requested puck-ups;
- Processing, tracking and tracing outbound shipments, inspecting outbound fright, and coordinating recovery and delivery schedules with carious cartage agents;
- Prepares paperwork for routing, closes out files and send documents out on a timely basis;
- Communicates freight status and any problems to other stations and customers, and updates the system;
- Coordinate customer inquiries, complaints, and other requests with the Sales and Operations teams to facilitate accurate and timely responses.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers;
- Communicate information in a prompt and professional manner;
- Update the system with status of all daily shipments;
- Assist in all operational business facets when needed, i.e. warehouse functions, locate freight on dock, document condition of freight;
- Responsible for warehouse operations including employee training
- Must have a keen eye for details;
- Excellent phone and organizational skills are a MUST;
- Fluently read, write and speak English;
- Read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms, or other related documents;
- Ability to analyze complex problems and develop alternative solutions;
- Must be punctual, self-motivated and have a positive attitude and strong aptitude;
- Ability to multi-task is a MUST.
Competitive wages and benefits package, including 401K.
- 2 - 5 years: Domestic operations
Preferred Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities