Position: Tender Management Analyst
Location: Irvine, CA (SNA)
Reporting to: Manager, Tender Management
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Tender Management (TM) Analyst plays a critical role in producing responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to win new customers and protect existing business. The TM Analyst leads cross-functional teams during the entire project life-cycle, from initial evaluation of an opportunity to final deliverables. Above all, the TM Analyst provides timely and insightful business analysis to decision-makers for each opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform a variety of financial and statistical analyses to evaluate profitability, risk exposure, "what if" scenarios, etc. for each opportunity
- Customize and integrate complex pricing spreadsheets to collect, process, and validate large quantities of pricing and related data
- Produce internal and external deliverables, for example documents, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
- Qualify and analyze incoming bid material against corporate Tender Management criteria. Integrate and synthesize information from many sources (bid documents, conversations, emails, reports, etc.)
- Lead Tender opportunities as the project manager. Collaborate with others to accurately and comprehensively define project scope and deliverables to satisfy customer requirements
- Clearly communicate project strategy, requirements, action items, etc. mostly via email and telephone
- Simultaneously manage several proposal projects from beginning to end, often with challenging timelines and processes.
- Act as the primary point of contact between Agility internal sales teams, regional project teams, and customers
- 2-5 years of experience in business analytics, finance, pricing or a related field
- Must be proficient with MS-Office products, especially MS Excel, where advanced skills and experience are required
- Preference for knowledge or experience in logistics and transportation industry (sales or operations)
- Preference for knowledge or experience with Project or Program Management
- Preference for experience using web-based sourcing and procurement tools, for example, SciQuest, GT Nexus, Ariba, etc.
- Experience with Databases and/or ERP systems is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent industry training preferred
*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in the United States
The ideal candidate will be results-oriented and possess strong business acumen with the ability to evaluate varying analytical scenarios. The pace related to the tender analyst role is rigorous and unpredictable in nature. It demands discipline, perseverance, and a keen awareness of project requirements and deadlines. Above all, it requires strong analytics and sound judgment to evaluate each opportunity. Time-management and leadership skills to manage multiple teams, tasks, deliverables, and timelines are also needed.
- Demonstrates Agility Values of Integrity, Personal Ownership, Teamwork, and Excellence
- Team player with superior interpersonal skills
- Open-minded to continuous change and willing to be flexible
- Superior communication skills
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often stressful environment
- Positive attitude and a friendly, approachable demeanor
- Contentious and thorough, with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills and professionalism
- Respects cultural differences and is not judgmental
- Proactive and creative approach to project management and problem solving
- Disciplined in organization, documentation, record-keeping, and time management
- Ability to balance competing priorities and deliver quality work within tight timeframes
- Knowledgeable of world geography and major trade lanes
- Capacity to train and instruct others on how to perform tasks
- Lives within a reasonable commuting distance from the Irvine, CA facility
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse, multicultural environment. Professional proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, or another language is a plus.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM. While Management strives to avoid excessive overtime, working outside of normal hours will often be required to satisfy business needs.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.