The Ocean Export Coordinator is responsible for processing export shipments while coordinating with the internal customer service group. He/she will be responsible for achieving high accuracy through our forwarding systems to ensure high productivity and operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Close bills of lading
- Print all Necessary Documents
- Provide Warehouse with loading docs
- Perform Export Clearance
- Send Pre-advises/ J2J
- Communicates with customer service group for any requirements or exceptions found in freight documents or physical cargo receipt
- Responsible for timely update of milestones
- As a contingency to Customer Service, the Operations Coordinator will contact customers with exceptions to advise shipment status or to obtain shipment information in a professional manner
- Assists the day-to-day operations of the export department to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Ensure that file contains all necessary document copies in proper sequence
- Assists with ensuring that payable and receivable documents are completed accurately and forwarded within time constraints
- Trace shipment through transit points up to final destination and advice customer service as needed
- Ensures that highest level of data quality and integrity by processing shipment accurately
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 3+ years of experience as export coordinator preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in a transaction processing role
*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in the United States
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate in global environment
- Self managing and pro-active
- Detail oriented
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Desire to work in a transaction processing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
The current work schedule for the position is Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, overtime may be required based on the needs of the business. With an appropriate notice period work schedules may change based on the needs of the business. This position is located in a professional office environment.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.