Position: Business Analyst, Transportation Management (Domestics)
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Business Analyst role will report to the Transportation Manager and will be responsible for supporting sales and operations and actively contribute to the development and the implementation of the company's domestic network, systems and new projects and accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintains the approved carriers compliance, procurement, rates and insurance utilizing the Vendor Management and TMS tools and reports.
- Generates usage reports, performance reports and score cards for all US Domestic carriers and distribute to operations and product management.
- Manages (the) domestic (part of) tenders and RFQ responses by using high volume multilane and multimode optimizing tools leveraging both "in system" rates and multi vendor RFQ broadcasts
- Responsible to support the 3PL movement of freight as required (LTL, FTL and parcel)
* Provide domestic transportation pricing and optimization solutions for domestic transport and projects.
* Gather and Analyze data to identify missed opportunities related to transportation, distribution and warehousing
* Support Transportation Manager with implementation of TMS
- Identify and analyze root causes of carrier or 3PL service issues, then develop corrective action and performance improvement measures.
- Develop, create and contribute to reporting and presentation needs related to logistics communications
- Provide guidance and training to operational staff for optimal transportation and logistics routings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years' domestic transport experience preferably with a logistics company and must possess a strong knowledge of all modes of domestic transport.
- In depth knowledge of Transportation Management Systems.
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in the United States
- Team player with flexible approach
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Desire in driving improvements in quality and productivity
- Effective organizational and time-management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work under time pressures and manage multiple projects and priorities
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Access)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to travel and drive a vehicle.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
The current work schedule for the position is Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, extended work hours may be required based on the needs of the business. With an appropriate notice period, work schedules may change based on the needs of the business. This position is located in a professional office environment.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.