With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Under the direction of the Canada Biscuit Cluster HR Leader, the Education & Training Leader is responsible for the overall training and organization development activities for the plant. Responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of training, leadership development, organization design and development and feedback systems for all Cluster employees.
This person will also lead the IL6S Education and Training Pillar for the Cluster and network with the regional NA E&T Pillar to benchmark and reapply best practices., This roles works to engrain a learning culture in the Cluster aligned with High Performance Work System concepts.
There is a Regional and Global training network that this role will be a part of enabling learning and collaboration with peers in other facilities across North America as well as opportunities to be involved in Regional projects.
Primary responsibilities of the position
• Lead the E&T Pillar at both bakeries, with the vision to integrate them into one single pillar team.
• Develop master plans to complete Phase 1-3 in the IL6S journey.
• Work with AM and PM pillars to develop, communicate and implement training systems across both bakeries.
• Lead the annual Training budget development process.
• Lead the development of a skill assessment and certification process, developing and documenting training programs, developing trainer identification and certification process.
• Secure funds to create training facilities to support both self-directed learning and knowledge transfer processes.
• Actively support the Cluster DMS and ensure its implementation and effectiveness.
• Carry out the Performance appraisals and plan the career development of the training coordinators in both bakeries.
• Work with Government Organizations to secure grants to assist in the development of skills in the Cluster (eg. Computer skills, or English lessons)
Internal and external contacts:
Internally, interfaces with Cluster Leader, Cluster Leadership Team, AM and PM Pillar Owners, Bakeries' Leadership Council and employees.
Externally interfaces with the NA E&T Team and the IL6S Coach, and with Government Organizations.
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 5 years of leadership experience, managing small and large teams
• Functional work experience: TPM and High Performance experience, both in implementation and coaching
• Hands on oriented, with solid previous experience in Manufacturing
Competencies/Abilities These are key observable/measurable skills, knowledge and behaviors required that contribute to successful performance in the position. (e.g., drive for results, customer focus, etc.).
1. Managerial Courage - takes a position and stands by it; provides direct, actionable feedback; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary
2. Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people in organization; builds and leverages relationships; can diffuse high-tension situations effectively
3. Conflict Management - reads situation quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out agreements and settle disputes equitably
4. Perseverance - pursues tasks with energy, drive and need to finish; does not give up until task is complete
5. Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Oral) - ability to assist managers in writing logical, well thought out disciplinary memos and performance plans.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process.
For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.