|Instrument & Controls Manager
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||12/03/18||Company:||Mondelez International|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Overall responsibility will be to work with each of the maintenance groups to coordinate and execute electrical activities, training, and trouble-shooting electrical issues including PLC related. Utilize current technology to provide continuous improvement to all maintenance and operation's effectiveness. Provide strong leadership, support, direction and some supervision to assigned hourly electrical team members. Program responsibility to include planning preventative/predictive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and equipment overhauls and upgrades as it pertains to the plant electrical systems.
• Configure PLC message instructions and network settings.
• Develop Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), controls narratives and testing protocols for new and existing systems.
• Develop PLC programs and operator interfaces.
• Tune, synchronize and sequence AC drives in food processing applications in support of reliability and automation efforts. Drive systems include various AC vector and low-voltage systems (Powerflex 4, 40, 70, 700, 525) and various DC drives.
• Learn and utilize internal operating system, Foxboro, to run plant equipment, trouble-shoot issues, and expand Foxboro capabilities to others within the plant.
• Ensure at all times safe installations and operations thorough proper design, protection systems, procedures & training.
• Ensures compliance to governmental regulatory OSHA and safety programs and processes.
• Liaison with the site Safety Manager on electrical matters relating to safety, electricity, distribution, energy conservation, legal compliance, complaints, etc.
• Develop & implement maintenance and inspection plans to ensure reliability, sustainability and security of electrical distribution infrastructure.
• Supports and promotes future efforts to effectively introduce and implement maintenance redesign initiatives to extend equipment life and reliability.
• Coordinate with Production, Quality Management and Engineering to resolve electrical issues.
• Help coordinate electrical maintenance and project work by electricians and contractors.
• Ensure proper management of electrical distribution documents (manuals, diagrams, instrument data sheet, software packages/license through efficient filing and archiving procedures.
• Initiate and drive Continuous Improvement (CI) in electricity supply and distribution with the aim of achieving optimized plant performance.
• Assist engineering department in development and implementation of capital projects. Assumes a leadership role in identifying possible productivity improvements projects.
• Effectively communicates with all effected departments to coordinate electrical maintenance activities.
• Work closely with and collaborate with plant electricians and others to identify, and solve problems.
• Evaluate and utilize shop electrical drawings for sound electrical troubleshooting practice.
• Know and understand method and sequence of operations for troubleshooting and testing equipment.
• Read and interpret electronic schematics.
• Complies with all current Federal, State, and Local government safety, health, and environmental regulations.
Bachelors Science Degree in Engineering Manufacturing Technology or related field preferred
Electrical License preferred
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.