|Manager Customer Logistics
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||12/06/18||Company:||Mondelez International|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||4 year degree||Fax:|
|Experience:||2 - 5 years||Mailing Address:|
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Customer Service & Logistics
Customer Service & Logistics (CS&L) is where you'll integrate our end-to-end demand-driven supply chain. Working from farm to shelf, you'll connect plants with customers to deliver best-in-class service in the most efficient way. Your goal will be to have the right products, at the right time, and with the right quantity and quality on the shelf.
The Manager of Customer Logistics role provides total leadership and P&L responsibilities for their DSD operation. A MCL is responsible for partnering with customer teams, retail teams, and logistics/biscuit support teams to execute strategies through the development of local plans and tactics in support of those strategies across multiple product lines and categories. A MCL is responsible for coaching and developing their local branch teams which typically consist of salaried supervisors, associates, and coordinators and hourly warehouse and delivery employees. A MCL is responsible for managing branch resources and assets and providing supply chain support to local customers and branch business units. Also responsible for driving key KPIs under main categories of (1) Safety, (2) Service, (3) Cost, and (4) People.
1. Source, onboard, and develop direct reports and branch teams in multiple settings (classroom, OJT, Work-with, etc..) across entire operation (delivery, cross-dock, dry warehouse). Coach direct reports in order to create and execute development plans and support individual career goals.
2. Partner with upstream area resources (Biscuit Regional Demand Planner, Biscuit Inventory Planner). Manage resources to provide admin and analytical support for necessary logistical functions (i.e. Order Management, Inventory Management, Fleet/Branch Optimization, etc...)
3. Identify supply chain opportunities and ensure issues are addressed in strategic and tactical plans as well as review and approve order and inventory management in SAP and WMS (Winware/KWIC)
4. Manage and execute major initiatives: Customer Care, productivity gains, order fulfillment, and customer initiatives. Facilitate interaction between cross-functional stakeholders to ensure ownership and execution of a common plan. Drive local planning team meetings.
5. Manage accounts payables, account receivables, inventory, payroll, and expense budgets. Partner with local management to develop annual operating site plans and budget, optimize resources, and ensure ongoing execution of site plan.
6. Develop and leverage relationships with HQ and store-level customers to achieve logistics efficiencies across multiple categories to drive functional efficiencies at the back door.
7. Ensure product integrity through optimal storage, handling and distribution of multiple temperature controlled products from point of origin to customer's back door.
8. Manage large, complex fleet and associated equipment to ensure effective asset utilization and to support strategic customer initiatives while complying with applicable regulations.
Functional Competencies Gained In Role:
1. Front line leadership experience managing hourly & non-hourly union/non-union employees
2. Branch management & DSD processes and procedures.
3. Expense and cost management for branch operations (Budgeting, Variance Reporting, Labor management)
Lominger Competencies Gained in Role:
1. Drive for Results
2. Developing Direct Reports & Others
3. Priority Setting
4. Building Effective Teams
1. Bachelor's Degree
2. Supply-chain related experience (logistics, transportation, distribution, sales) - 5 years preferred
3. Front-line leadership experience, preferably including represented labor - 5 years preferred
4. Working knowledge of DSD operations, systems and processes - 2 years preferred
5. Budgetary expertise, financial analysis, etc. - 5 years preferred
FUNCTIONAL / TECHNICAL Competencies
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.