Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Retirement Plan Administrator, you will administer and analyze routine company-sponsored retirement, savings and stock programs. You will also prepare routine individual employee pension benefits in multiple plans with varied, complex provisions. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Analyze, research and calculate routine individual employee pension benefits for individual financial planning, terminations, retirements, disability, beneficiaries, alternative payees, divorce and death
- Distribute benefit calculations and all required forms to individuals
- Communicate with current and former employees, vested participants, beneficiaries and alternative payees concerning their pension entitlements, retirement process, payment options, calculations and necessary documentation
- Assist with the audit and reconciliation of monthly pension payments to Trustee records; calculate, reconcile and prepare monthly wire transfer to Trustee for annuity payments
- Administer 401(k) loan process on payroll system, review bankruptcy status, and assist employees on military leave
- Make detailed, accurate data changes for former employees and retirees in HRIS and pension systems
- Review pension eligibility for employees on various leaves of absence
- Process retiree death claims and recover payments made to deceased retirees
- Administer weekly termination reports in preparation for final calculation and verification of status
- Determine participation eligibility for part-time employees and confirm federally required information is sent in a timely manner
- Research and keep up-to-date with federal legislation and guidance regarding qualified and non-qualified retirement plans
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training
- 1 to 3 years of experience in the administration of defined benefit and/or defined contribution plans, including benefit interpretation and calculations
- System knowledge should include proficiency with Microsoft Office products (especially Excel), HRIS systems, Retirement Plan Administration programs, pension systems, HRIS systems and banking databases
- Basic knowledge of IRS and DOL rules and regulations pertaining to the administration of qualified and non-qualified retirement plans and actuarial concepts
- Basic knowledge of plan provisions and familiarity with the review of Qualified Domestic Relations Orders to comply with plan documents
- Solid mathematic, financial accounting and analytical skills; ability to manipulate data and query information to create reports
- Able to review, perform and analyze complex benefit calculations in accordance with plan provisions
It'd be great if you also have:
- ASPA or CEBS designation
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to diffuse potentially emotional situations
- Ability to read and interpret legal documentation with supervisor guidance
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex topics accurately and consistently to participants and plan sponsors who have varied levels of understanding
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We're the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we're just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.