With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Under the direction of the Sanitation Team Captain and Quality Supervisor, the Sanitarian is responsible for maintaining cleanliness throughout all production areas (including cleaning and sanitization of production equipment and machinery) and the office area of the manufacturing plant. The successful candidate will also be trained to work in other production roles (e.g. packer, machine operator, etc.) as required by production demand. The successful candidate must be able to work both in sanitation and production, as required.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Clean and sanitize all areas of the building, including exterior of building and property
- Perform emergency cleaning duties in the event of an unexpected spill or flood.
- Pick up refuse such as scrap material, garbage, and recycling throughout the plant and dispose of it in the appropriate disposal areas.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment in the plant following strict lockout/tag-out procedures.
- Run the bin washer as required.
- Must be able to work on ladder platforms (elevated work) for: overhead cleaning including vacuuming and brushing & washing of the building structure and equipment.
- Must be willing to perform janitorial duties such as:
- Maintain clean production areas - mop floor, empty garbage, fill soap dispensers etc.
- Clean lunchroom - mop floors, clean coolers and microwaves, refill paper towels etc.
- Clean washroom areas and employee entrances
- Maintain building exterior grounds, e.g. shoveling snow, applying salt in the winter, picking-up garbage etc.
- Empty garbage and operate garbage and cardboard compactors
- Sweep and wash (mop) floors.
- Actively participate on the Spill Management Team and Spill Response Team.
- Promote good housekeeping and manufacturing practices.
- Maintain good personal hygiene; clean uniform, hair and beard nets are mandatory for plant GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Must be flexible to work in production roles (e.g. packer, machine operator, etc.) as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Health and Safety
- Understand and apply Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Policies throughout the facility to prevent injury, illness and property damage.
- Understand relevant HSE risks associated with the facility and corresponding control measures.
- Communicate and take action on imminent danger situations, hazards, non-conformities and incident reporting.
- Adhere to relevant HSE programs.
- Participate in HSE programs and controls, such as behavior-based safety programs, defect management and incident management.
- Wear and distribute PPE as required.
- Follow plant food safety and GMP compliance, including:
- Plant HACCP program
- Allergen Management
- Use proper tools (including chemical & lubrication) that meet company food safety standards
- Maintain a clean and hazardous free work area while supporting and promoting company GMP's,
- Safety, and Mondelēz policies.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and local legislation.
- Report all quality and food safety related issues immediately to the Team Captain or Manager for corrections and corrective actions.
- Own Integrated Lean Six Sigma (IL6S) culture by learning its Concepts, Purpose, and Work Processes.
- Apply problem solving methods, social and functional skills according to the skill matrix in the context of introduction and consolidation of IL6S.
- Identify Kaizens/One Point Lessons (OPL)/Sources of Contamination (SOC)/KAI/KPIs/other.
- Ensure all Sanitation/ Process recording & documentation is competed accurately & on time as required.
- Work with and support new product trials
- Work with and support line/equipment improvements to meet ergonomics, productivity, health and safety initiatives
- As assigned by management
- Must be able to work on all shifts, including during the weekdays as required by production demand
- Has sense of urgency and has repeatedly shown good judgment
- Able to perform physical requirements of role such as lifting up to 70 lbs
- Positive attitude, good team player and able to work with minimal supervision
- Previous sanitation experience desired with knowledge of GMP, Safety and WHMIS
- Demonstrated reliability, a good attendance record and attention to safety and GMP's.
- Able to communicate clearly in spoken and written English.
- Able to train/cross train others as needed.
- Proven ability to adapt and quickly learn new tasks.
- Must be a self-starter who has a keen desire to learn.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and multi-task frequently.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process.
For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.