Position: Gateway Coordinator
Location: Carson, CA (LAX)
Reporting To: Air Freight Gateway Manager
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
The Gateway Coordinator is responsible for processing shipments while coordinating with the internal customer service group. He/she will be responsible for achieving high accuracy through our forwarding systems to ensure high productivity and operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enter monthly schedule in system, submit pre-bookings to airlines as required.
- Book monthly and/ or ad-hoc consolidations with airlines and make sure airlines are aware of any special requirements (eg- oversized, upper deck etc)
- Review consolidation HAWB packets for proper documentation
- Match feeder station freight with consolidations
- Obtain spot pricing from airlines as much as possible.
- Communicate with feeder stations as required.
- Print all Necessary Documents
- Provide Warehouse with loading docs
- Send Pre-advises
- Net down MAWBs, enter costs in system
- Calculate on-forwarding costs as required.
- Work with warehouse to schedule trucks to deliver consolidations/ shipments to the airlines.
- Follow up with airlines to ensure shipments are confirmed onboard and fly as scheduled.
- Responsible for timely update of milestones
- Notify feeder stations and overseas offices of flight information changes
- Communicates with feeder stations any requirements or exceptions found in freight documents or physical cargo receipt
- Ensure that file contains all necessary document copies in proper sequence
- Assists with ensuring that payable and receivable documents are completed accurately and forwarded within time constraints
- Complete Daily gateway reports
- Assist with gateway negative GP report
- Port of exit changes to be communicated with the feeder stations immediately for AES compliance.
- Complete CASS report
- Perform internal accounting process To be completed within 48 hours of actual departure ( not including weekends)
- Ensures that highest level of data quality and integrity by processing shipment accurately
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 3 years of experience as gateway coordinator preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in a transaction processing role
*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in theUnited States
- Knowledge of gateway/warehouse operations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of US Export Regulations
- Knowledge of airports and world geography
- Ability to use OAG and Tact
- Hazardous materials certified
- Maximization of margin through effective ULD build-up
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate in global environment
- Self managing and pro-active
- Detail oriented
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Desire to work in a transaction processing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Typical working hours for this position are Tuesday - Saturday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, with a rotation schedule to Monday-Friday possible, however, overtime will often be required. This role is based on the productivity of customer service needs we reserve the right with appropriate notice change the work schedule based on the business needs.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.