Founded in 2002, Five Below (NASDAQ: FIVE) is a rapidly growing specialty value retailer offering a broad range of trend-right, high-quality merchandise targeted at the teen and pre-teen customer. Five Below offers a dynamic, edited assortment of exciting products, all priced at $5 and below, including select brands and licensed merchandise across a number of category worlds: Style, Room, Sports, Tech, Crafts, Party, Candy and Seasonal (which we refer to as "Now"). Five Below's dynamic assortment of merchandise includes everything from sporting goods, games, fashion accessories and jewelry, to hobbies and collectibles, bath and body, candy, snacks and beverages, room décor, stationery and school supplies, books, cell/tablet accessories, novelty and "gag" items, and seasonal items. Five Below believes it is transforming the shopping experience of its target demographic with a unique merchandising strategy and high-energy retail concept that their customers consider fun and exciting.
Five Below has reinvented the traditional five-and-dime for today's younger generation, and has launched a new retail category. At Five Below, "Whatever You Got Will Buy A Lot."
As of 2013, Five Below's sales exceeded $500 Million with 330 stores in 19 states. We are experiencing tremendous success and growth. Our corporate offices are based in Center City Philadelphia.
Five Below was founded by David Schlessinger, creator and founder of Encore Books and Zany Brainy along with Tom Vellios, former CEO of Zany Brainy, and current CEO of Five Below.
The inventory control supervisor ensures that all inventory items are properly identified and readily accessible, thus enabling order processing employees to perform their required tasks efficiently and effectively. Other responsibilities include: maintaining computerized records of inventory; following proper ordering procedures to maintain "just-in-time" inventory levels as established; identifying incorrect stock numbers or descriptions; establishing and maintaining good working relationships with vendors; and overseeing the activities and job assignments of inventory subordinates.
- Position is leader and key driver for company's ongoing critical initiative for inventory integrity
- Key inventory accuracy liaison with Store Ops, Allocation and Management
- Maintaining accuracy of merchandise units and costing for the Company's largest asset
- Ensures inventory accuracy through execution of a robust cycle count program and all required inventory transactions including: freight claims, quality write-offs, serial number changes, cycle count adjustments, location moves, etc.
- Reports on inventory activities, changes and variances, including root cause analysis support
- Provides clear documentation of root cause analysis and tracking of trends
- Works cross functionally with Operations to ensure process improvements are implemented and processes are well executed
- Makes process change recommendations to minimize losses and liability
- Develops, documents and provides training as required to minimize variances due to picking and put-away errors
- Develops, documents, maintains, and updates inventory control procedures
- Provides support to Receiving, Shipping, and Sample Production departments
- Manages and monitors inventory variance adjustments
- Provides weekly status reports
- Develops key performance indicators to establish criteria and metrics by which performance can be measured and tracked
- Ensure inbound quality inspections are completed per prescribed directives and that appropriate follow up actions are completed timely, accurately, and thoroughly
- Monitors completion of QA-rework projects and performs routine reviews on status of non-conforming inventory
- Exhibits a daily hands-on approach to maximize production efficiency through effective item placement, warehouse analysis, and maintaining system related logic and parameters
- Execute periodic cycle counts, including selection, results summary, issue identification and resolution and communication
- Periodic testing of inventory valuations, including weighted average costing and LCM evaluation
- Coordinate and manage the annual physical inventory for the Distribution Center
- Monitor pallet volume by store in relation to delivery schedule and store capacity constraints
- Prioritize workflow and communicate priorities effectively
- Examine work for accuracy, neatness, and timeliness, to conform to policies and procedures
- Evaluate standards, procedures and processes to improve efficiency of workers
- Identify workload for all areas of responsibility and reassign associates based on priority
- Provide direction and leadership in accordance with established policies and procedures while focusing efforts to maximize productivity and safety within the pick area
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all support areas such as Quality Assurance, IT, Human Resources, Transportation and various corporate office support areas
- 3 years + of work experience within a warehouse or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated leadership, problems solving, and interpersonal skills preferably in a distribution environment
- Adept at collecting and analyzing data to formulate recommendations for process improvements.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Solid written and verbal communication skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Flexibility to work varied hours to include weekends as business needs warrant
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize workflow
- Associate must meet qualifications on Job Description.
- Associate must be in current role for a minimum of 3 months for consideration.
- Associate needs to be in "good standing":
- Last performance evaluation > 3.0 (if applicable)
- No current verbal or written counseling in process.
Five Below is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Online Below