Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Responsibility for establishing strategic direction and leadership for the development, implementation, and ongoing management of environmental, health and safety (EH&S) programs for Santa Fe Springs and Los Alamitos plants. Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and company rules and regulations. Plans, implements, and coordinates programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, and financial losses. Develops and maintains accident prevention and loss control systems and programs into operational policies of organization. Identify gaps between current EH&S practices and ISO 14001 - 2015. Eliminate gaps and gain ISO 14001-2015 certification.
- Periodic safety inspections (both in-house and at job sites) to detect existing or potential hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Issuing of safety equipment, conducting of safety training programs, preparing safety materials, including prequalification forms for customers, and the preparation of material for Company use.
- Preparation, implementation, and maintenance of environmental, health and safety programs with the aim of eliminating accidents, property loss, harm to the environment and compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
- Provides/orders safety posters, information, signs, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Recommends installation of safety guards, safe working practices, and use of personal safety equipment.
- Investigates all accident/incidents and ensures proper paperwork and reporting is completed per requirements by regulatory agencies and insurance company.
- Administration of workers' compensation program, including maintaining contact with the injured employee as well as the workers' compensation provider.
- Maintains complete accident statistics, records, and files, including OSHA logs.
- Responsible for education of supervisors and employees in all safety matters, schedule and lead safety meetings.
- Keep applicable employees up to date on OSHA as required.
- Lead and schedule safety committee meetings and document/file all minutes.
- DOT compliance.
- Environmental compliance, and work towards making the Company as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Conduct and schedule fire extinguisher and fire system inspections.
- Keep MSDS books up to date.
- Support programs from TKR Corporate - organizes and directs health education and wellness programs to meet organization goals and employee needs. Providing lifestyle change education, counseling and support. Organizes special events to promote safety and wellness awareness.
- Represent the organization in community and industry safety groups, meetings, and programs.
- Take part in implementing and maintaining quality control programs and paperwork as applicable to the EH&S role.
- Provide equal service to all departments with TPS Group: SFS Philly Gear and Bearings Inspection Inc.
- Consistently improve on training programs, tracking, and education of staff.
- Assure appropriate fees are paid to regulatory agencies in a timely manner.
- Meet with regulators as they audit facilities.
- Willingness to visit various job sites to audit/observe/etc.
- Prepare reports that identify gap analysis and opportunities for improvement. Report should state strategy with proposed tactics to achieve desired results.
- Lead the formation of tactical teams to evaluate the strategic safety initiatives addressing the gaps, opportunities, and best practices.
- Manage project implementation within time constraints through the efforts of a core/extended team using project management tools and techniques.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with core and extended team members, resource providers, and leadership teams.
- Ensure that the implemented tactics deliver the expected measurable and achievable results. Ensure the delivery of results that justify the implementation of the safety initiative.
- Min. Bachelor's degree (preferably in health/safety/environmental science), 7+ years' experience in an EH&S role
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills; effective presentation skills
- Advance knowledge of OSHA, EPA, EH&S
- Ability to work alone and with a team / ability to work with minimal direction and supervision
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- PC and Microsoft Office knowledge (especially Outlook, Excel, and Word)
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.