The Air Freight Export Account Executive is responsible for providing Air Export services to client companies for their cargoes while ensuring operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customarily and regularly provides Air Export services to client companies, ensuring timely and accurate processing of documentation and all other aspects of customer requirements, including, but not limited to, booking shipments, preparing Airway bills, Shippers' Export Declarations, documentation required for clearance at destination, invoicing, packing lists, letters of credit when needed, input of data for tracking and tracing shipments, as required
- Adheres to proper Routing of Shipments according to client instructions
- Responsible for ensuring accurate data entry for Export shipments, including timely update of milestones, as required
- Responsible for ensuring highest quality and accuracy of document processing
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and customer retention by implementing effective service capabilities; will interface directly with client companies in a professional manner and respond to all inquiries in a timely manner
- Communicate with all parties involved in the process: i.e. air carriers, brokers, warehouses, customers
- Responsible for adherence to U.S. customs, TSA, and all other government agencies' rules, regulations and laws
- Responsible for handling billing.
- Responsible for compliance with all trading countries' rules and documentation requirements
- Troubleshoot all problems - handling irregularities and preventing recurrence
- Responsible for continuous improvement of service processes to drive gains in quality and productivity
- Assists the day-to-day operations of the team members to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- 2 years in Air Export freight forwarding experience required
- Knowledge of export operations highly preferred
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to set priorities and work in a deadline-oriented, high pressure environment
- Ability to operate in global environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-managing and pro-active
- Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
LANGUAGE SKILLS Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, and other technical software is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM; however, working beyond these hours may be required by business needs.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM; however, working beyond these hours may be required by business needs.
COMPUTER SKILLS English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.