Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope:
Perform repetitive operations or any and all single‑spindle turning equipment involving turning, drilling, boring, recessing, chamfering, cutting off and similar machining operations on various sizes of alloy steels, stainless, brass, aluminum, non‑ferrous materials, phenolic, beryllium, cooper and any new and exotic material as specified, following established procedures.
(List statements that describe the primary results or areas of responsibility for which this position is held accountable. Clearly define 5 or 6 meaningful responsibilities that describe complete work elements or duties this position is responsible to perform)
- Setups and major adjustments made by others. Follow instructions or standard procedure as to operation. Actuate controls to start manual or automatic cycling of machine and change basic tools for re‑sharpening, as required. Load materials, stocks, into machine, as required.
- Take periodic sampling and make visual and dimensional checks; use preset and adjustable measuring instruments and gauging. In event parts are defective, or fail to meet specifications, make minor adjustments or notify set‑up person or the supervision.
- Make periodic check of gauges against masters. Remove defective parts, segregate work as to scrap or salvage ability. Inspect own work; correct or refer detected discrepancies to supervisor.
- Assist training employees as required. Record appropriate data on designated forms as required. Load materials/stock into machine as required.
- Maintain necessary records. Move materials in the performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report operation, faculty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor. Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Basic mathematical and mechanical skills are required.
- Basic computer interface skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail along with the ability to multi-task and coordinate work activities to be efficient and productive is required.
- Strong ability to follow written and prescribed work instructions/procedures and tasks.
- Strong ability to read and interpret specifications, acceptance criteria, and engineering drawings.
- Situational/Spatial awareness along with strict adherence to PPE/safety protocols is required.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.