Ocean Gateway Manager
Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For over 88 years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 29,000 people worldwide in 396 locations globally.
The Air and Sea Division of DACHSER USA is currently seeking an Ocean Gateway Manager to join its Atlanta Office located in East Point, GA.
This position is responsible for overseeing and managing the US Gateway Operations. This role sets standards and measurements to maximize the build-up of DACHSER direct consolidation boxes for all trades. This position will also organize the Gateway to ensure quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Supervising Ocean Gateway employees and, if required, temporary staff hired based on need.
- Establishing and maintaining pricing tariff and service matrixes for US Ocean Gateway.
- Growing the DACHSER direct consolidation build-up by Trade-lanes annually.
- Maintaining sailing schedule integrity for both internal and external customers.
- On a quarterly basis, reviewing and establishing pricing tariffs for all developing trades based upon FAK rates and maximum container utilization.
- Continual evaluating operating structure to create and gain efficiencies.
- Reviewing and reconciling all traffic and financial reports for the gateway.
- Reviewing and making recommendations to outside NVOCC's and Ocean carriers to ensure best co-load, FAK and Wholesale rates where applicable.
- Actively supervising and managing the gateway and maintaining a high level of individual gateway operation procedures.
- Supporting the establishment of services to new geographic regions; i.e. trade land development, pre/post-freight development, operational interface with other gateways (air and sea).
- Providing sales support to branches, regions and tradelane specific, as required.
Requirements of the position include:
- BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent related work experience. Advanced degree or industry certificates are a plus but not required.
- Solid understanding of ocean contracts, consolidation/de-consolidation process as it pertains to the ocean freight process.
- Extensive knowledge of ocean carriers and their selection, NVOCC terminology and methods, import and export documentation, including consolidation manifests, load sheets, commercial invoices, shipper's declaration, registrations, Hazmat, T&E's, carnets, Ametas (Recons) and ocean consolidation process.
- Ability to deal effectively in a supervisory capacity, using tact, diplomacy and negotiation skills. Proven effective supervisory skills in the areas of staffing, training and succession planning are required.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, strong attention to details, ability to work effectively under pressure, ability to solve logistical problems as necessary.
- Ability to motivate personnel and work as a team player.
- Multitask oriented and able to work in a fast environment.
- Strong sales/customer service, communication and presentation skills, as well as the ability to respond to sensitive inquiries.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Proficiency in Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, various industry specific operating systems such as GTNexus and INNTRA, preferred.
DACHSER offers a generous benefits package and competitive salary.
DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.