Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope
- Drive the execution of the Global distribution pricing model in the various regions and identify issues and gaps to leadership for resolution.
- As issues or gaps arise, drive implementation plan to maintain price consistency and alignment with our global distribution pricing model.
- Deals primarily with distribution price agreements, used after the standard distributor discount, which are Distributor Agreements and Claims Management System (DACMS), New Bearing Product Request (NBPR) and Program prices and these must be managed as a portfolio of pricing actions that results in meeting our financial and strategic objectives, but also ensure a right mix which will deliver the expected efficiency internally and externally.
- Key player in maintaining pricing consistency and identify grey trading in Distribution.
- Eliminate distribution price process breakdowns and maintain alignment with our global distribution pricing model (End user pricing model, optimum mix of programs, rebates and NBPR).
- Monitor pricing practices to ensure we are meeting Timken global distribution pricing model and meet all compliance requirements. This would include auditing special prices and ensure we have all key information to agree to a deviated price.
- Create global distribution programs (Mining trucks, Aero landing wheels, Power Gen, Tunnel Boring Bearings). This also includes the review of the different regional program prices and identify price conflict that may create grey trading.
- Establish, analyze and implement annual MSRP price changes for the US and Latin America
- Develop and maintain global list price (MSRP) and discounts for all product sold in distribution. Ensure Global and Regional MPG consistency and use.
- Create and report global distribution pricing metrics by region and help facilitate CI
- Work closely with Product management/Marketing group to set product positioning mainly for new product line launch
- Calculate and administer Global reference price.
- Work with PROS and Business Process Owner (BPO) on price calculation enhancements in PROS.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Marketing, Business or relevant degree with 10 years post qualification experience, preferably in pricing, process improvement, sales or sales support OR
- Master's Degree in Finance, Marketing, Business or relevant degree with 8 years post qualification experience, preferably in pricing, process improvement, sales or sales
- Experience leading functions and/or teams
- Experience in problem-solving and consensus
- Ability to work at all levels of the organization and to interface effectively with related functions such as finance, marketing, sales, product marketing, etc.
- Strong analytical orientation with ability to synthesize data into information
- Ability to drive strategic thinking and analyses
- Strong influencing skills that are required by matrix management
- Demonstrated proficiency in PROS-PO, PROS-SA and SAP applications
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.