Overview The Export Agent II facilitates the shipment of cargo via air transport. The Export Agent II is responsible for receiving shipping instructions and following customer specific guidelines in the preparation and transmission of export transactions. This includes processes from booking through confirmation of shipping.
- Take booking requests, ensure bookings are made at current and accurate rates, consolidate and route shipments based on local office procedures.
- Communicate with carriers, origin and destination locations regarding shipment status, special handling and delivery processes.
- Monitor and manage shipments until completion. Keep customers appraised to the export details of transactions in accordance with local office export operation procedures.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of export documentation - review and verify documentation and obtain any missing documentation from the customer.
- Build professional relationships with all customers, other offices, overseas agents and service providers.
- Review standard operating procedures to ensure compliance, TSA, Quality Assurance Standards, TAPA, and IMDG.
- May be responsible for special shipments involving perishables (live animals, cherries, etc.) and/or support special accounts.
- Report anomalies in operations and new customer requirements to management for decisions on additional service requirements.
- In some locations, Export Agents may be required to load and unload trucks, use forklift, package and palletize cargo and complete other assigned warehouse and inventory tasks.
- Support other projects and assignments as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- High School Diploma or GED plus 3 years air export experience; any equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Prior work experience in logistics/freight forwarding industry involving perishables is strongly preferred.
- Must possess excellent, professional customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of air space configurations; air container loads; special loading constraints; reading of international and domestic OAG.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions. Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, electronic messages and other written documentation clearly and concisely. Be able to present one's self in a highly cooperative and professional manner when meeting both internal and external customers and vendors face to face.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows operating system and be comfortable working with Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Certificate for handling hazardous materials is preferred.
- Forklift certification is also preferred.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date.
- 401k with a company match .
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include, International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.