Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Development of new belt products and process and maintains existing products within a team environment and coordinating all available resources to create competitive products.
- Developing new product designs (specifications) and processes and establishing their characteristics to satisfy identified scope and deliverables.
- Maintaining and revising existing product designs (specifications) and processes as requested/required.
- Identifying new and existing product and process concerns, problems and tendencies.
- Establish new test procedures, initiating tests and evaluating test results.
- Identifying and coordinating the development of new test equipment and the upgrading of existing test equipment.
- Providing product and process support and assistance to the Application and Process Technology Groups.
- Providing product and process support and assistance to manufacturing.
- Providing product and process support and assistance to Product management, Marketing and Sales as required.
- Provide support and input to the ISO "Long Track" Design Control procedures.
- Receives new product development scope and deliverables from Product Management.
- Leads or serves on Product Development Teams.
- Interacts with various members of the Power Transmission Groups, Material Science, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, Suppliers, and Customers in developing new and maintaining existing products and evaluating problems.
- Accountable for developing new product specifications and controls (approves) the modification of existing product specifications.
- Recommends new product and process release to Product Management, General Manager, PT Group, Manufacturing, Development and Process Managers.
- Recommends product design and process solutions to Product Management, General Manager, PT Group, Manufacturing, Development and Process Managers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Chemistry or related
- 3-5 years' experience in product development and testing
- Knowledge of testing techniques, analysis, statistics, design or experiments, product reliability, and familiarity with equipment design is preferred
- Work well with teams
- Organization skills and prioritization of projects
- Rubber Chemistry a plus
- Problem Solving
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.