|Operations Controller - Ohio Manufacturing Facilities
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||02/05/19||Company:||The Timken Company|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||4 year degree||Fax:|
|Experience:||5 - 10 years||Mailing Address:|
Your Career Begins at Timken
Purpose of Position
This role is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all financial information for manufacturing facilities located in Bucyrus, Canton and New Philadelphia, Ohio. As a critical member of each facility's management team, the Controller is responsible for driving the financial performance of each plant and ensuring that economic rigor is applied to the decision-making process. This includes efforts to reduce invested capital, improve cash flow, and drive continuous improvement in cost and productivity.
This position reports directly to the General Manager - Controller of Operations, Supply Chain, and Latin America and will work closely with various managers throughout the designated manufacturing facilities.
- Prepare, review, and analyze monthly financial statements/KPI reports for the three Ohio manufacturing facilities in accordance with company policies and GAAP.
- Proactively partner with each facility's management and the Business Controller group to ensure that all parties have a clear and accurate picture of each manufacturing facility's overall financial performance.
- Lead the preparation of each facility's business planning process, incorporating productivity and cost targets for both manufacturing and sourcing.
- Prepare monthly rolling forecasts and provide plant and operations leadership with insight and commentary for all major variances from both plan and prior forecast.
- Provide financial guidance for all facility capital investments and related business case justifications.
- Work with management team at each facility to lead cost reduction efforts while delivering annual cost reductions and productivity improvements.
- Work with product teams and business management to develop and maintain accurate standard cost data for all new product development and new business opportunities.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place to safeguard company assets.
- Develop necessary inventory polices and controls to ensure integrity of financial statements.
- Serve as the primary contact for internal and external auditors.
- Have flexibility to travel between the 3 manufacturing facilities as needed.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Strong variance and root cause analysis skills.
- Advanced Excel and SAP capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or Business with 7 or more years' experience, or
- Master's degree in Accounting/Finance (or MBA) with 5 or more years' experience.
- Must have cost accounting experience.
- CPA/CMA (preferred).
Bucyrus, OH, with approximately 10-20% travel to Canton and/or New Philadelphia.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.