Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position is responsible to conceive, plan, lead, and deliver TQMS (Timken Quality Management System) results in the aerospace plants. Monitor the plant specific tactics to reduce the cost of poor quality and lead 8 step root cause problem solving efforts including permanent corrective actions in response to customer complaints. The position is required to work with all aspects of operations and engineering to advance process quality performance. The position will support the achievement and maintenance of 3rd party certifications while providing expertise in support of business plan project implementation at the aerospace global manufacturing sites. This position drives the analysis of trend data, root cause forensics, and technical support where appropriate through a matrix network of plant, engineering, supplier quality development, purchasing and global quality resources.
- Develop, justify, and lead the implementation of manufacturing process quality improvements. Problems and projects may be difficult to define, and may require advanced technical problem solving. Review and approve change requests resulting from those process improvements.
- Coordination of manufacturing and technical experts across the Timken network to facilitate the root cause and corrective action implementation related to Aerospace plant Customer complaints. Communicate the status of complaint activity directly with the customer as required.
- The position will also collect, prioritize, and work with SQD to solve supplier quality issues in the supply base for aerospace. This will involve pulling in non- reporting plants, corporate sourcing, and corporate supplier quality to address and systemically solve supplier issues without jeopardizing customer deliveries.
- Responsible for conducting AS9100 internal audits and TQMS audits. This position will also act as a consultant to all aerospace plants for the purpose of TQMS module implementation and adherence across the Timken Aerospace plants.
- Drive aerospace plant quality management accountability in achieving business plan tactics and metrics impacting the cost of poor quality, engineering deviation requests, and quality escapes.
- Supporting plants in the maintenance of 3rd party and customer specific certifications. This position will also support the resolution of findings generated as a result of certification audits through the identification and implementation of systemic corrective actions that leverage Timken wide resources.
- Knowledge of aerospace quality systems, customers and their requirements
- Knowledge of AS9100 and NADCAP special processes
- Project management skills
- Preferred Certified AS9100 Internal Auditor
- Proficient skills in: Teamcenter, SAP, Microsoft office, SharePoint and Brio
- Ability to perform various global quality functions related to:
- Quality audits
- Quality training
- Manufacturing review board (MRB)
- Management of change (MOC),
- Establishing effective control plans
- Measurement systems analyst
- 8D problem solving
- Process mapping
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field with 5 years of related experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.