Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for the following within the 0-12" TRB Product Design & Development team:
- To ensure engineering support is provided to customers and all areas of the company.
- To lead and develop associates.
- To direct and participate in the development and implementation of new engineering standards.
- To direct and participate in the development of new technology or new uses of technology.
This position reports to the Manager - Product Design & Development and is located at our World Headquarters in North Canton, OH.
- Manage the resources necessary for timely delivery of engineering information & ensure the creation of best overall design solutions that meet customer needs, Timken financials, and manufacturing requirements.
- Prepare associates for career growth through performance evaluations and developmental dialogs.
- Provide technical direction to the group & ensure consistency of group's work.
- Drive change through continuous improvement to existing products and procedures.
- Lead and participate in the creation and modification of engineering standards based on needs of the company.
- Lead and participate in the development and documentation of new technology or new uses of technology.
Required Technical/Functional Skills
- Technical expertise in all facets of bearing product design and development
- Strong team leadership capabilities
- Advanced project management skills
- Well-established critical thinking, problem-solving, CI, and idea generation skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Effective networking skills across the global organization
- Solid business and application knowledge regarding products being designed and developed
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering with at least 12 years of related experiences in new product design and development; or
- Master's degree in mechanical engineering with at least 10 years of related experiences in new product design and development.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.