Overview The Customer Service Coordinator primarily supports shipments ensuring effective customer service, accurate shipment processing, timely deliveries and troubleshooting errors.
Responsibilities Support customers by :
Support efforts to coordinate timely shipments at optimal cost and to customer satisfaction:
- Providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers by utilizing in-depth knowledge of operational (import and export) processes.
- Support customer relationship in assigned accounts.
- Provide shipment status and notify customers of any delays regarding arrival, delivery or dispatch of shipments.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are available for each account serviced. Follow SOP in performance of all operational processes.
- Pro-actively ensure current pricing information is available for all shipments before making necessary bookings.
- Support efforts to coordinate with overseas offices, agents, customers and domestic vendors for timely shipments in assigned accounts.
- Address customer concerns, trouble shoot errors, provide timely feedback on service failures and follow up on escalations.
- Review exception reports regularly, identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Provide back-up support in assigned departments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years providing customer service/administrative support to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for customer services in a related environment.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in air and ocean Import or Export operations, is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of import /export regulations, domestic transportation modes and providers, preferred.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions. Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely. Be able to present one's self in a highly cooperative and professional manner with both internal and external customers, vendors, and government officials.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows operating system and be proficient in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.)
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date.
- 401k with a company match.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include, International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.