Overview Qualified candidates must have Ocean Freight Forwarding and new business development experience
The Manager, National Accounts in the International division of Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. (YLA) is responsible for selling and matching YLA solutions for large national accounts (freight spend > than $10M) within an assigned territory. Key responsibilities include: continuously driving ocean volume and revenue growth; meeting annual ocean volume, revenue, and gross profit budgets by successfully growing business; enhancing total gross profit with existing customers and adding new customers to the portfolio each year; turning customer/market insight into specific action.
Responsibilities New Business development :
Maintain and develop existing accounts :
- Accountable for targeting and developing large national accounts within a specified region - establish, build, and develop strong relationships with major regional accounts. Gather detailed information about accounts, identify key decision-makers, develop insight and understanding of account's business & requirements, understand strategic business challenges and priorities, analyze information and prioritize opportunities critical to the account and securing/growing/retaining business with the account.
- Thorough in-depth understanding of the industry, customer's market segment, and specific customer business requirements, apply appropriate sales techniques to create/develop new business opportunities, expand current revenue streams, and achieve assigned financial/budget goals for volume, revenue and profit.
- Develop actionable plans to prepare and present proposals for new business, extensions, enhancements, increasing business within each account and overcome objections to closure.
- Manage sales leads from international offices. Send sales leads to overseas offices as appropriate.
- Coordinate with global and domestic teams to develop and present proposals, advance customer negotiations, coordinate decision-making process, overcome objections to closure and onboard new clients.
Coordinate and liaise with YLA branch operations and customers; manage & share information:
- Increase market share within existing customer base.
- Maintain contact with all clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction. Resolve sales or delivery issues.
- Work with customers on service proposals, rate quotations, air/ocean transportation schedules for new destinations. Manage ad hoc pricing requests.
- Recommend and offer solutions for customer needs regarding export regulations, methods of loading, crating, handling freight and special equipment availability. Ensure full understanding of such requirements and service offering.
- Ensure the highest level of service by collaborating with branch operations in identifying and resolving problems and leveraging industry expertise and account management experience.
- Work with other employees/department to collect on delinquent accounts.
- Provide advisory support and assistance to other department members/ manager as needed
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Input and maintain up-to-date information on all sales related activities in CRM system as required by management
- Participate in local business activities and events to gain networking opportunities and to expose the local market to the Yusen brand and value proposition.
- Bachelor's Degree, Advanced Degree in a related field is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 7+ years' experience in the international freight forwarding-operational related field is required. Included in this experience is :
- Minimum five years' experience in direct sales in the International freight forwarding field ,
- Proven track record in preparing & presenting international freight forwarding solutions with minimum support from senior management.
- Proven track record of selling higher volume air and ocean accounts. Ability to sell complex IFF and supply chain solution products - Air and Ocean, Import and Export, CHB and warehousing services
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.