Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Overview :
This role oversees a number of the Company's international tax matters involving U.S. international tax compliance, non-U.S. compliance matters, and international tax planning projects. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Tax. The candidate must have significant technical and interpersonal skills, coupled with judgment and decision making abilities, as well as the ability to communicate complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals. Knowledge of financial reporting for income taxes would also be a plus. Reporting to this role will be the Manager of International Tax Operations.
- Oversee U.S. international tax compliance: Review Forms 5471s, 8858a and 1118 to ensure compliance with U.S. tax law, including Subpart F, foreign tax credits, E&P calculations and the new requirements pursuant to U.S. Tax Reform like GILTI, BEAT and FDII. Establish, implement and improve processes for the future. Involves the successful delegation to other members of the global tax team and utilization of the Bangalore shared services tax team.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Company's non-U.S. quarterly and annual tax provision: Work closely with the members of the global tax team to ensure timely and accurate preparation of ASC 740 income tax calculations (quarterly and annual tax provisions). Includes preparation and review of effective tax rate inputs for GILTI, FDII, BEAT, FTC and APB 23 documentation.
- Oversee the tax implications of the Company's cash repatriation strategy: Calculate withholding tax implications and other potential U.S. tax costs associated with global cash repatriation. Track and maintain criteria post-U.S. Tax Reform to determine amounts subject to DRD and implications of PTI, including appropriate FTC impacts and make recommendations for the most tax efficient way to move cash globally.
- Develop and implement global tax planning strategies to minimize cash and earnings impact of tax expense: Work closely with the Vice President Tax and the global tax team to ensure coordination and research of the tax consequences of business operations, legal entity structuring and rationalization, cash repatriation strategies and acquisitions. Assists in the identification of key risks coming from tax operations for compliance and financial reporting.
- Assist with tax audits and related matters: Assist with the preparation of tax authority information requests and liaising with tax authorities in coordination with the Vice President Tax and/or the Sr. Manager Tax Operations.
Technical and Functional Skills:
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including tax research skills
- Balance of tax technical knowledge with practical application of tax rules
- Focus on process improvement and internal controls
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Propensity to lead and mentor staff
- Great work ethic and integrity
- Ability to travel as necessary - less than 15%
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least I5 year's corporate tax experience in industry and/or public accounting firm, including technical knowledge of and experience with U.S. multinational entities.
- Experience with US GAAP ASC 740 and SEC regulations required,
- Experience with software programs such as SAP and ONESOURCE.
- CPA or MST preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.