Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The position of Inside Sales Representative is located in North Canton, Ohio and provides Inside Sales support to the West region within US Territory Management. This position will assist with sales growth of Timken products and services for the assigned customer base by utilizing both push and pull tactics as well as positive customer interaction by phone, electronic tools, and occasional in-person visits. This position will offer proactive sales and service support to an assigned customer base from the initial inquiry through post sales follow-up in support of annual revenue and profit targets.
- Serve as the primary contact for the region's inside sales accounts. The inside sales accounts are a subset of the region's overall account list which are not proactively called on by outside sales. This position will manage all facets of the interaction with the customer including sales, customer service, and technical support. Customer contact will be primarily conducted via phone and email.
- Coordinate with outside sales, customer service, engineering, marketing, product management and supply chain to develop relationships, execute strategies, achieve results, and meet customer expectations.
- Maintain comprehensive account responsibility including price, delivery, forecasting, and account master information.
- Execute the region's lead management process. This includes ownership of sales leads from all sources throughout the process of researching, cold & warm calling, qualifying, tracking, and often transferring to outside sales in order to drive new customer conversion and sales growth.
- Demonstrate an understanding of customer needs by growing sales at customers across the entire Timken product offering. This will include proactive selling (cold calling) to potential customers Timken does not currently serve, quoting, technical support, expediting claims and price administration.
- Interact with order management and our logistics sites (Timken and Colinx) to facilitate shipping requirements.
- Drive new orders, quotations, expedites, modifications, transfers, intercepts, delivery information, returns, assembly identification, technical questions, complaints, future orders, and interchange information for assigned customers.
- Respond to questions across the entire Timken product line and process inquiries through our internal systems (SAP, Global Availability, PTPlace etc.) and the catalogues and support material available.
Technical and Functional Skills
- Experience with direct customer contact and problem solving.
- SAP experience.
- General product awareness and expertise across Timken's entire bearing and MPT offering. This includes an understanding of product nomenclature and selling features and benefits.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with PTPlace, System to System, EDI, CRM, GES portal, Global Sales Tool, and Global Availability Tool preferred.
- Familiarity with distribution and OEM commercial policies and procedures as well as import/export compliance and other mandated regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or similar with at least 4 years' experience in inside sales or customer service. Equivalent years of experience and education may be considered.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday from 9AM until 6PM.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.