Overview This key position within the Supply Chain Solutions Team will have a direct impact to the commercial success of Yusen Logistics by designing logistics solutions that deliver unique customer value and leverage the entire Yusen Service Portfolio. This position will establish, present and defend the value projections for each project/solution. This will involve working with all levels of the organization (both External Customer and Internal Yusen) to gather requirements, refine solutions and define compelling value propositions in both a sales-pursuit environment and ongoing continuous improvement projects. As required, this position will also provide project management support ranging from multi-service proposal development, through business implementation. This individual will be comfortable working in a matrix organization and/or on virtual project teams.
Responsibilities Solution Development
- Craft compelling customer-specific supply chain solutions that clearly identify and communicate overall value, operational design and impact on customer business risk through a thorough understanding of cost, price and value components of each project developed through analysis, cost modeling and supply chain modeling.
- Contribute to the Supply Chain Solutions team's success and development through an ability to be hands-on and perform analysis of customer supply chains & logistics infrastructure.
- Develop workflow / process diagrams to articulate business processes & assumptions directly supporting solutions including Control Tower, Cargo Handling Flows and Managed Transportation.
- Develop business roadmaps, or implementation plans, that define a clear path to realize the value projections for each solution.
- Lead Solution Design initiatives and autonomously develop compelling value proposals of large, complex, multi-disciplinary supply chain solutions with YUSEN revenues up to and exceeding $20 million.
- Lead Supply Chain and/or Logistics Focused Consulting engagements.
- Independently manage large-scale projects and exhibit exceptional time management skills.
- Contribute to building customer confidence in the Supply Chain Solutions approach to solutions design and the quality and accuracy of recommended customer solutions through the expert management of data tables and ability to clearly define for customers (internal & external) the required inputs for developing solid supply chain solution designs.
- Organize data for use with supply chain modeling and analytics; understand key elements of the data and critical assumptions made in the absence of customer information.
- Qualify risks and key assumptions: how they impact a potential value proposal.
- Directly contribute to acquiring new business for YUSEN, and identifying on-going value for existing customers:
- Prepare professional customer-facing proposals detailing solution designs, customer value, assumptions, company experience & qualifications, pricing, and other relevant inputs.
- Meet with customers to develop and confirm data, and to present and defend complex solution-based value proposals.
- Engage with users, technical and economic buying Influences at the client site to explain YUSEN's value proposition of the implemented or proposed supply chain solution.
- Jointly develop pursuit strategies / account strategies with Sales and Operations Leaders.
- Leverage and coordinate core YL functional capabilities in coordination with solutions development and delivery.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in transportation, warehousing, and/or international logistics services required -- OR
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Finance, Economics, or other business discipline required and:
- An advanced degree (such as MBA with Supply Chain or Business Emphasis, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or other similar degree)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Capability and competency at the user level in supply chain operations, supply chain economics, and logistics technology applications in the areas of order, inventory and shipment management.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with executives, clients and internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Competency in data analysis, supply chain solution design and large-scale project implementation.
- Expert Level proficiency with MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access, Project, Visio) applications
- Experience in working on and with teams comprised of highly focused, analytical staff.
- Experience in working with, or for, Tier 1 supply chain consultancies welcomed, but not required.
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.