Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Quality Compliance Technician, (QC Technician) is responsible for the review of material certifications and their compliance to industry and customer specifications. The QC Technician will monitor requests for material release, communicate with suppliers to ensure material certifications contain required content, and communicate with material suppliers when corrections or clarifications are needed.
- Evaluate supplier certifications of compliance, certificate of analysis, material certificates and special process certificates for accuracy prior to acceptance of purchased material. This review includes but not limited to:
- Part number and revision compliance
- ASTM, SAE or other industry standards
- Flight Safety Parts
- Critical Characteristics
- Government, Boeing , Sikorsky or other customer specifications and requirements
- Information on the certification document is reviewed for clarity and conformance.
- Special process certifications are in accordance with NADCAP requirements
- Collaborate with suppliers as needed to obtain corrections when omissions or inaccuracies are detected. Must be professional and persistent.
- Champion problem solving as it pertains to review and acceptance of supplier certifications.
- Maintain database of reviewed documentation for comparison to actual documents presented at time of material arrival, and prior to release to manufacturing.
- Interact and collaborate with internal customers to ensure timely release of material and collaborate to resolve material release stoppages.
- Complete conversion processing requests as necessary
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Be a self-starter and able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Represent the voice of the customer and work to the highest ethical standards.
- Support and participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques as required.
- Perform internal audits as required by the quality manager.
- Act as back-up to the Quality Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Sitting at desk and working on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Able to pass visual acuity test requirements
Required Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
- US Citizen or permanent resident.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to change direction and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- High level of commitment to success.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills both in written and verbal form.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel)
- Basic math or industrial math skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate customer and/or industry requirements (specifications, blueprints, etc.).
- Ability to use customer databases.
- Ability to work independently and to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Aerospace experience preferred (not required).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.