With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
The Production Associate position is a key position within the Bakery. It is expected that he/she acts with ownership for both operations and maintenance equipment in a multi-skilled environment that will allow him/her to make contributions to business goals. It is also expected that the incumbent is accountable, act as a team member aligned with the Learn, Do, Teach model, and serves as an IL6S pillar representative
Always operate with safety as a value. Acts like an owner in the packing department by taking part in daily discussions and tasks related to the effective and efficient operation of the line. This includes but is not limited to following procedures designed to ensure top performance of the line. Handles product flow from the Bake Shop and contingencies in product flow (starts, stops, and makes minor adjustments to packaging and processing equipment). Controls several pieces of equipment to ensure that they run properly such as, but not limited to Accumulator, Ishida Scales, Rovema Bagger, Jones Cartoner, Lane Diverter, and Thiele Cartoner Removes any defective product from the line and controls machinery to dump product/notifies other departments of any issues in production. Feeds and supplies packaging materials, adhesives, and other operating supplies as needed. Supplies work area with packaging and operating material, (paper and foil rolls, paper stock, containers, adhesives, tape trays, trucks, waste receptacles) and other material as needed. Discards refuse in appropriate containers (B&R troughs, yellow dumpsters, recycling containers or others as directed.) Maintains B&R troughs, yellow dumpsters, buckets or others as needed to prevent overflow. Uses transporter; electric hand jack or other equipment as directed to assist in the movement of pallets. Installs packing and operating materials onto equipment; cartons, labels. Maintains proper flow of packaging raw, and in-process products by adjusting speeds as necessary. Checks product for adherence to specifications and records information.-(visual product checks, metal detector checks, check weigher check, code date check, proper product seal, others as assigned). Checks calibration of testing equipment, (scales, metal detectors, check weighers and others as assigned). Adheres to POG, quality, sanitation, GMP, safety and all other guidelines and requirements. Maintains good housekeeping in work area and maintains cleanliness of machinery and area. Empties garbage receptacles into bins. Follows all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to, safety and health and consults with immediate supervisors concerning issues, unusual problem or developments. Working overtime schedule as required or requested to meet production needs based on established overtime procedures for assigned classifications, etc. Trains and/or cross trains other candidates as deemed necessary by management. Trucks off cases from palletizers as needed. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Leadership and culture fit
- Ability to take on new challenges
- Able to learn and apply Continuous Improvement tools (IL6S)
- Organized and resourced effectively
- Values / principles led organization
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work with management and employees
- Capable to work effectively as part of a High Performance Team.
- Act like an owner by being reliable, dependable, and flexible
- Excellent at process management
- Ability to problem solve and help with the solution
- High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English
- Training provided for per management training program
- Thorough working knowledge of the processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Employees must be able read, understand, and use PC computer and Operator Interface
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn computer systems (KPogs, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, SAP)
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Walkie Talkie, Transporter, Lifts Annual: Lock Out Tag Out, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Protection Program, Emergency Evacuation, Hazard Communication, Personal Protective Equipment, Fire Extinguisher, Review of Bakery Policies and Procedures, other training as determined by management.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.