2nd Shift Operations Manager - -Whitestown, IN - req45998
Assist in the development and direct programs to ensure the efficient and cost-effective manufacturing operations and utilization of the facility.
• Executing the schedule of all manufacturing operations including production planning, procurement, shipping, handling returned/damaged goods, maintenance, and administrative activities to ensure customer requirements are met in an efficient manner.
• Plan long range labor needs based on customer forecasts and input from management.
• Make recommendations to DCM on programs, processes and technology to provide continuous improvement and deliver year over year cost reductions for the customer.
• Interact with Facility Management Team to establish goals.
• Develop a continuous improvement plan to meet prescribed cost and services standards.
• Monitor the production areas and actual to plan volumes to ensure it continues to meet requirements.
• Direct the focus of the manufacturing supervisory personnel to achieve prescribed objectives.
• Develop procedures to ensure the efficient operation and utilization of the manufacturing operations.
• Develop, implement and direct programs to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and property.
• Create and manage housekeeping program in all manufacturing areas.
• Ensure timely and accurate delivery of material to each production line.
• Assure that customer orders are completed timely and within prescribed cost levels.
• Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of reports regarding manufacturing operations.
• Work with Production Department Managers to develop smooth flow of goods into and out of the manufacturing areas.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• Five years of management experience in a warehousing.
• Bachelor degree in business discipline or manufacturing preferred.
• Strong customer orientation and problem solving skills.
• Proven proficiency in a production environment.
• Successful track record in leadership and supervising the work of subordinates.
• Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvement
• Computer skills - Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel (advanced), etc. (SAP is a plus)
• Prioritization and planning skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Must be team oriented
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
GOOD REASON TO JOIN<
ABOUT KUEHNE NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
Kuehne Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.