Logistics done differently.
Ranked as the #1 North American logistics company according to Transport Topics, XPO Logistics is among the most admired companies in the world according to Fortune Magazine. As the Director, People Services North America, you will be responsible for leading and overseeing strategic initiatives, continuous improvement projects and selected operational service delivery functions for the HR Shared Services team in North America. You'll lead and direct a team of 40+ associates and will serve as an escalation point for employees, managers and executives related to service issues and events. Become a part of our rapidly-growing dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Lead transformational initiatives involving the strategy, implementation and optimization of HR shared services; provide creative and innovative solutions for complex problems
- Oversee continuous improvement projects related to process design, streamlining, automation, risk mitigation, improved customer experience and other operational enhancements for shared services in the Americas
- Manage staff for a state-of-the-art HR service center serving a population (near 50,000); lead the day-to-day activities of the shared services operational teams and serve as an escalation point for critical, complex or high-visibility issues
- Partner with the VP to set service standards and associated metrics regarding quality, accuracy, timeliness, consistency, customer satisfaction and resource management
- Identify opportunities and recommend changes to increase value and positively influence metrics through analytical, data-driven approaches
- Track and analyze key data trends, continually demonstrating customer value and continuous improvement; identify and communicate findings to senior management and other appropriate parties
- Utilize knowledge of enterprise trends and strategic imperatives to create and implement clear, relevant and actionable plans; track and develop plans to remove obstacles to success
- Collaborate, understand and coordinate across HR operations to ensure the delivery of customer-valued services and experiences; assist the VP with partnership and coordination across the broader HR functions as needed
- Stay abreast of relevant regulations and policy requirements, ensuring processes are compliant; analyze and correct errors and conduct root cause analysis to ensure proper quality controls are in place to avoid future errors
- Analyze operational costs and lead efficiency improvements for assigned functional areas
- Ensure that HR services meet the diverse needs of a multifaceted, complex organization and workforce
- Lead the planning and execution of compliance programs, internal audits, external audits and/or government audits in partnership with the Global VP and other HR leaders
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in Human Resources, Business or a related field
- 8 years of experience with HR Operations, Shared Services, Operating Model Design and Organization Design, preferably for a large multinational company
- Demonstrated understanding of operational HR processes, procedures, controls, regulations and compliance requirements
- Proven experience leading HR transformation and/or major improvement projects (e.g., planning, requirements gathering, project management, status reporting, etc.)
- Experience working with HR/ERP systems
- Proficiency with Windows applications and Microsoft Office
It'd be great if you also have:
- Master's degree
- Certifications such as PHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, SPHR or an equivalent professional qualification
- Experience with SuccessFactors, ServiceNow, Kronos and/or similar cloud-based systems
- Experience with contact center telephony (e.g., Cisco, Avaya)
Be part of something big. #LI-HR1
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We're the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we're just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.