As a Customer Service Representative you will serve as the primary point of contact for customers and will provide the highest level of customer service and quality by efficiently processing all inbound and outbound requirements before or within agreed time frames. Initial focus will be on Airfreight but proficiency is all modes and direction is expected.
Primary job duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Communicate regularly with customers in a polite and professional manner and solve daily issues (while coordinating with internal colleagues, as necessary)
- Research rates and routings; create routing orders and quotations
- Receive bookings from customers or overseas offices
- Inform customers about other available services to gain additional business
- Update customers on local / international rules and regulations
- Review all documents received from customers for accuracy
- Follow up with origin / local offices on shipment status
- Collect all commercial and shipping documents from customer or origin office well in advance of shipment execution
- Professionally and proactively update customers with shipment status; update overseas offices and customers about potential delays or unusual circumstances
- Review the job file check list to ensure all required actions have been completed
- Provide timely feedback to Sales and Customers for shipment discrepancies
- Create reports per instructions from Sales or according to customer requirements
- Update internal parties with the most up-to-date Quotations / routing orders / SOPs
- Escalate potential issues and ensure corrective actions are taken in accordance with business guidelines and customer requirements
- Perform other duties, as assigned by management
All Education and Experience requirements comply with provincial human rights legislation.
Education and Experience include:
- High school diploma
- + 3 years Customer service background or experience
- + 3 years Freight Forwarding experience in both air and ocean freight
- Freight Forwarding Operations knowledge mandatory
At this time, we are considering only local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship. No agencies or phone calls, please. Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.