Position: Entry Writer/ Import Coordinator
Location: Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Reporting to: Import Supervisor
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
The Entry Writer/Import Coordinator will coordinate the documentation and serve as the single point of contact as required by US Customs and Border Protection for entry of goods into the US on behalf of importers Customs Brokerage services.
Also responsible for processing import shipments while coordinating and maintain excellent customer service. The goal will be to achieve high accuracy through our forwarding systems to ensure high productivity and operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pre-advise Handling
- Arrival Confirmation
- Validate Billing
- Generate billing invoices
- Demurrage management
- Arrange Delivery
- Responsible for customer service internally, bookings, documentation, and execution of routing for assigned shipments
- Responsible for reviewing all documents
- Responsible for informing management of progress and requirements of the department
- Responsible for assisting department co-workers with problems, issues, and questions
- Assists the day-to-day operations of the import department to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Responsible for communicating information and instructions to/from vendors
- Scanning/Faxing Documents
- Phone and Email Communication
- Ensures import compliance in accordance with U.S. Import, and Agility GIL regulations and policies.
- Follow-up on operational problems
- Assists in solving inter-company and vendor accounting issues.
- Prepares required documentation, classification, and submission to US Customs and Border Protection.
- Coordinates with import breakbulk departments to ensure accurate entries are filed in accordance with the Harmonized Tariff.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 2-3 Industry experience a plus
- AS400 Experience a plus
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word)
- Generally 1-3 years Entry Writer experience
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles, understanding of the Harmonized Tariff and product classification, and basic entry writing knowledge
- Broker s license a plus
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in the United States
- Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task, attention to detail
- Resistant to stress in an high-paced work environment
- Self managing and pro-active
- Ability to work in a team environment
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
The current work schedule for the position is Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, overtime may be required based on the needs of the business. With an appropriate notice period work schedules may change based on the needs of the business. This position is located in a professional office environment.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.